Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 GT500 goes 10.6@133!!!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well are we comparing the slower redeye times to the slower GT500 times or the fast ones to the fast ones???
Only have 1 GT500 trap speed at the moment. Redeye would be average since there's plenty of results out there.

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #102
How many are they making?

Is this like the Demon, 3,000 and done or like the GT350 where they keep adding years to fill demand?
2 years 5,000 units max. But it doesn’t look like it’ll get to the half mark.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Maybe buy a 2021 GT500.. the price is right and these cars are fast. The hellcat and this car are a bargain for this kind of performance.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I’ll wait to see what owners say after the first year. I’m curious over long term input on the C8 Vettes too once they hit the streets.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I am not even certain who thinks it is sensible to compare a 6 year old model to a brand new one?

The amount of technology that has become available in the last 6 years is unreal, and Ford filled the new GT500 with it. Carbon everything, carbon composite everything else, magnesium bits, bigger brakes, aerodynamics, suspension dynamics, better seats, DCT trans, and that bloody engine... oh my. It is an incredible, and incredibly expensive (when fully optioned) machine.

By comparison the Hellcat/Redeye is old news... affordable (you'll see Power Buckaroos again), fun, functional, proven, old news.

But, guess who is moving more units? FCA, that's who.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
133mph trap speed is a 9 second car with traction. I'll just leave this to all the Redeye and Hellcat owners that doubted my prediction about the performance of this car on the Geico forum...

TOLD YA SO!
That trap speed won't get a 4200 lb car into the 9s regardless of the tire. Gonna take at least 136+ to do it

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #108
It’ll trap higher in better conditions and with better drivers. Did we forget how the demon performed in the hands of the media people?...on drag radials!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
It’ll trap higher in better conditions and with better drivers. Did we forget how the demon performed in the hands of the media people?...on drag radials!
Oh sssssh! You are going to make the milksops and nut-swingers upset. Clearly owning a Demon automatically means you have a 9.65 time slip; and obviously every Redeye is good for 9s because someone else did it.

Egos are getting crushed and over-sensitive nipples are getting rashy up in 'ere.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Are we still grinding on this ? Wow I thought the fad would have passes by now . You know like platform shoes with gold fish in the heels . This car will be yesterdays news before people even take delivery of them.

#gt500goldfishheels

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
2 years 5,000 units max. But it doesn’t look like it’ll get to the half mark.
What is the source for this information?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Only have 1 GT500 trap speed at the moment. Redeye would be average since there's plenty of results out there.
No I have posted 5 slips. 4 were from the reveal in Vegas 129-130 the 10.6 @133 that I posted was in April.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Impressive, but I still like my RedEye better!
Same here! Its fast enough to get me to the Kwikee and no money lost on another trade :)

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
The driver who ran the 10.61 is allegedly a well know ford driver who had set multiple records.

Ford , like Dodge with the Demon, used a super-prepped track in excellent conditions to achieve these numbers. It is not likely that a better driver will surpass them -especially on the stock street tires. I measure weather at tracks all over and 30.10 baro is huge and almost unobtainable beyond coastal areas. The big baro is what makes a supercharged car Excel. It is unlikely that very many owners of these cars will ever see conditions as good as what ford had for the 10.61

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The driver who ran the 10.61 is allegedly a well know ford driver who had set multiple records.

Ford , like Dodge with the Demon, used a super-prepped track in excellent conditions to achieve these numbers. It is not likely that a better driver will surpass them -especially on the stock street tires. I measure weather at tracks all over and 30.10 baro is huge and almost unobtainable beyond coastal areas. The big baro is what makes a supercharged car Excel. It is unlikely that very many owners of these cars will ever see conditions as good as what ford had for the 10.61
Also know as a "magazine run" it was a time fluke run . I agree with you . I bet the average driver never breaks the 11's.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Also know as a "magazine run" it was a time fluke run . I agree with you . I bet the average driver never breaks the 11's.
It was an "engineered" run (the same way the Demon was - all for marketing and hubbub). Back in the day they used to call it super tuning. A fully blueprinted and optimized pre-production car. Meaning track prep, air density, engine build and tuning, suspension tuning, tire prep, extensive cooling, and a hot shoe driver the size of a jockey were used.

When the production cars are released they have compromises and safety nets built in to account for things like dumb shit owners who will pay $100K for a car but refuse to put premium gas in the tank. Enjoy your 87 octane off the Reservation on a scorching hot day self-preservation no-warranty claim factory tune.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
It was an "engineered" run (the same way the Demon was - all for marketing and hubbub). Back in the day they used to call it super tuning. A fully blueprinted and optimized pre-production car. Meaning track prep, air density, engine build and tuning, suspension tuning, tire prep, extensive cooling, and a hot shoe driver the size of a jockey were used.

When the production cars are released they have compromises and safety nets built in to account for things like dumb shit owners who will pay $100K for a car but refuse to put premium gas in the tank. Enjoy your 87 octane off the Reservation on a scorching hot day self-preservation no-warranty claim factory tune.
Or Ford's bringing a car for the magazine shoot out with 289 badges all over it but was really a 302 . Stuff like that .

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Oh sssssh! You are going to make the milksops and nut-swingers upset. Clearly owning a Demon automatically means you have a 9.65 time slip; and obviously every Redeye is good for 9s because someone else did it.

Egos are getting crushed and over-sensitive nipples are getting rashy up in 'ere.
They can't possibly have a 9 65 slip because the car was "banned!!!!!!!"

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
No I have posted 5 slips. 4 were from the reveal in Vegas 129-130 the 10.6 @133 that I posted was in April.
Same car though or two separate cars? Either way, very limited sample. 130mph minimum though is higher than most Redeyes but time will tell with more GT500s at the track. It's safe to say they at least matched or exceeded the Redeye's performance which is nice. Always good to have competition.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Same car though or two separate cars? Either way, very limited sample. 130mph minimum though is higher than most Redeyes but time will tell with more GT500s at the track. It's safe to say they at least matched or exceeded the Redeye's performance which is nice. Always good to have competition.
I am not saying they are not fast and maybe they are faster then Redeyes. What I find interesting is that the 10.6 run that all the buzz is about is was on April 3rd 2019. Yet every car journalist and in the videos posted are stating the run happened after the reveal run which it did not. Who is this person that everyone is taking there word as gospel? Who verified any of this? Dodge states the Redeyes WB redeyes will do 10.8s on the stock tires which they do. Dodge also states that the NB will do 11.1 well my NB has gone 10.399@133mph with just rear wheel and tire change and 300lb driver. Several Redeyes have gone even faster. Will the GT500 go faster...maybe but I will believe it when I see one at the track. Ford fans have reason right now to fudge numbers. Why? Well 5 years waiting for a car that still will have a problem beating a Hellcat and a even harder time beating a Redeye. I don't hear any talk about lap times. I thought thus was a track car not a drag racer. Seems Ford boys were looking for a drag racer more then a track car. I predict a GT500 on a DR will be as fast as the fastest stock cats on a DR. Moparjim has gone 10.4 in his hellcat. I believe my Redeye has 10.2 or better in it but the season is done for me.