Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bull's Shyt

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #41
I'd do the 2.85 Hellraiser. ID 1300s seem to have a bit more over head as well which is nice when looking at E85. You're at elevation so less critical but I like to plan for worst case scenario.

Just remember the stock Hellcat motor gets questionable above 850ish rwhp. E85 may help that some.

Make sure Curt knows you plan to run mile events. I'd provide a special tune for that scenario personally.

I did specifically state that, but I'll reiterate it.

I do love staying in the gas for 30 seconds without lifting...

Never lift!

Vanishing Point...

1616033121285.png

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I did specifically state that, but I'll reiterate it.

I do love staying in the gas for 30 seconds without lifting...

Never lift!

Vanishing Point...

View attachment 39766
Remember seeing it at the drive in...I was hooked

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Ok, here's my thoughts on a very simple, mild/moderate, build

Using the S/C I got from @hellno, I'm going to go after a E85 build with Dusterhoff doing the tuning.

After a brief conversation with them, the following...

• Jokerz ported S/C
  • 3.17 Hellraiser pulley
  • FIC 1200 injectors
  • Dual pumps.
  • Street/E85 tunes.

EDIT: the 3.17 should perform like a 2.85 on top of the ported S/C according to Dusterhoff Tuning.
Nice! Are you dead set on flex? If your unsure, you could break it up and do the sc and pulley and see where your at wcurt, then add the pumps and see. I got 3lbs and to this point w/out injectors. Then if you still want more, do the injectors and e85. Doing pc by pc will test your patience haha, it won’t be overnight. Just a suggestion as opposed diving all the way in at once. Good luck! And find you a nice safe spot to do your 4th gear pulls, you’ll be doing a bunch of em😉

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #44
Nice! Are you dead set on flex? If your unsure, you could break it up and do the sc and pulley and see where your at wcurt, then add the pumps and see. I got 3lbs and to this point w/out injectors. Then if you still want more, do the injectors and e85. Doing pc by pc will test your patience haha, it won’t be overnight. Just a suggestion as opposed diving all the way in at once. Good luck! And find you a nice safe spot to do your 4th gear pulls, you’ll be doing a bunch of em😉

Which size pulley?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Metairie
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Charger HC
Which size pulley?
Sattera is working on a clutched pulley that you can change out the sizes. I believe he has 3-4 test pulleys out now so it may be close to being available. Might be worth it to have a clutched pulley but still change sizes down the road.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #46
Sattera is working on a clutched pulley that you can change out the sizes. I believe he has 3-4 test pulleys out now so it may be close to being available. Might be worth it to have a clutched pulley but still change sizes down the road.

Linkage?

I'm not familiar with the name.

Nothing came up on Google

Member ID
Reactions
City
Metairie
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Charger HC
Member ID
Reactions
City
Metairie
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Charger HC
https://sateratuningstore.com/hellcats-demons-red-eyes/pullies/
I follow them on fb, it doesn't look like he has the new pulley advertised on the website yet.
#MoparMonday
Finally an update on our clutched pulley.
First 3 prototypes are back from the machine shop. Shout out to @duramaxtuner for helping make this happen.
We have three 2.75 test mules ready to go. We will have results VERY soon
As a reminder this is a CLUTCHED Pulley WITH quick change ring sizes.

Hit that like and follow for the final results. Pricing will be coming out very soon!
Info@sateratuning.com
Or
#savetheblowers

#trueflexfuel #hellcat #demon #trackhawk #redeye #dodge #flexfuel #moparornocar #mopar #hemi #supercharged #turbo #singleturbo #compoundboost #boost #sendit #srt #srt8 #hemi #staytuned #1320 #horsepower #SateraBuilt #SateraTuning #SateraTuned

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Which size pulley?
Incognito lower on 93. I believe it yields about the same as 3.17 your looking at. Pm or email Curt your goals

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I will throw in my nickels worth of free advice .
A 2.85 upper on a ported supercharger will yield 16-17 psi on average at sea level with a possibility of 18 psi on good fall air days . @16GoManGoHC2

So you must take this into consideration @BULL .
You have a couple of things to consider . You only have 91 octane in your area but you live at some altitude and if you wonder off to lower elevation do they have 93 octane?

I run 17-18psi in my car on 93/94 all the time and even race on it BUT it is tuned properly for it and I watch it like a hawk . I have no issues running 91 IF and a big IF I'm on a road trip and cruising on the highway and staying out of WOT ! I also carry a good octane booster in my trunk just in case .

The decoupling pulley is the best way to go for long term reliability in my opinion . I'm not a fan of the fixed/solid pulleys . Also I was very skeptical of E85 in the beginning. BUT I am a big believer in it now and a flex fuel tune is the best way to go . It's there when you need it and automatically adjusts on the fly . The 1200 FIC injectors will work perfect in your build with lots of head room . I'm very impressed with them .
The dual pump kit is definitely worth the time and money .

If you are going to do any type of racing you should always use good fuel for the event . It's cheap insurance.

I think your list of parts is a great start . Pick a good Tuner ( I see you have already). Be honest with yourself and him and listen to what he says.

I'm looking forward to seeing this progress.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Good reading everyone! This is new thinking, about desiring to optimize but not max it out. Thanks. @BULL please keep us/me posted on who among these tuners wants to be the one to step into the road course tuning arena. Yes, we would like more power, tunes especially for shifting and traction, but with more power we have a little problem with heat and durability. So I understand the moderation thinking as we hop these up. I am getting close to thinking about something for the RE before the government shuts us down.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #52
I think the 2.85 might be more than I want to put through my M6... Especially on the E85

:unsure:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
A 2.85 will get you to barely what a stock Hellcat makes boost wise. It adds 3psi. You can always control the power in the tune, just tell Curt to dial the timing back a bit on the E85 map. Easy peasy. I'm told every degree of timing is worth about 12-14HP give or take, up to a point obviously.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I think the 2.85 might be more than I want to put through my M6... Especially on the E85

:unsure:
Talk to @16GoManGoHC2 about the M6 . He has put his through many different paces . He might have more insight for you .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #55
So I guess I just leapt off of the cliff, because I went after the 2.85 in the Marketplace.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Talk to @16GoManGoHC2 about the M6 . He has put his through many different paces . He might have more insight for you .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
2.85 on my ported blower makes 17.5 psi in good air, perfect combo for a flex tune on 93 in my opinion at least . I made 935 wheel on 17 degrees of timing on E85 snd 850 wheel on 93 with 14 degrees of timing.
My M6 has a really low first and second gear 2.98 first 2.10 second 1.43 third. Don’t have to slip the clutch on launch anymore it’s all throttle control. But would I go back to the stock transmission? Nope, still have it actually, but like what I have in the street and at the track, it’s an animal with 315/50-17 Tires I’ve done a 1.39 60 foot with it and a 9.998 at 133 on 93, Hoping to get there again on corn this year but in the 140’s and hopefully more 9 second passes more often unless I get sidelined by a rule nazi

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #57
2.85 on my ported blower makes 17.5 psi in good air, perfect combo for a flex tune on 93 in my opinion at least . I made 935 wheel on 17 degrees of timing on E85 snd 850 wheel on 93 with 14 degrees of timing.
My M6 has a really low first and second gear 2.98 first 2.10 second 1.43 third. Don’t have to slip the clutch on launch anymore it’s all throttle control. But would I go back to the stock transmission? Nope like what I have at the track it’s an animal with 315/50-17 Tires I’ve done a 1.39 60 foot with it and a 9.998 at 133 on 93, Hoping to get there again on corn this year

Lower pulley??

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #58
And who did your trans? I remember we talked about this forever ago, but remind me again?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Stock lower,
Rockland Standard Gear Tranzilla, about 6000 miles on it so far no issues.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Keep in mind it's not so much the "boost" number but the aircharge when talking timing vs pulleys vs weather etc. I've seen logs of cars showing 17psi of boost but only 1600 aircharge and other cars at 17psi of boost and 2100 aircharge. That's a HUGE difference. For reference aircharge is like how many oxygen molecules are going through the cylinder and in the logs it's measured in mg per charge. More aircharge means more power but also means more "bang" in the cylinder so more heat, opportunity for detonation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.