Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bull's Shyt

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #81
Updated OP

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Bull next year
cleetus-mcfarland-and-ruby-take-on-fl2k-2020-2020-10-22_12-34-43_371315.png

Last edited:
OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #83

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
guy at work and girlfriend got theirs today, nothing for me yet:(
Only got a 147.00 on first one, got nothing on second, and have not gotten anything yet for third.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ya'all are killing me...

2.85 on E85 and I've got the life vest on...

What's it going to take, a 10% lower and a 2.5" upper, E85, N2O, Meth and a monkey pushing in the trunk???

o_O
You don't necessarily need the meth, silly.

The monkey for sure is a must have.😂🤣

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Already beat ya to it BULL......I built one a long time ago, and it's.........
IMG_0003.JPG
:geek::poop:

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #87
Updated OP with cooler plugs potential

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But I would like to add.

some drop in pistons and rods.

I know this may seem more of a major upgrade. But consider everything your doing.

I mean really consider it. You are doing such a well thought out setup that covers almost all the bases.

what’s left for failure is minimal, but what is left for failure is the engine itself.

I’ve been modding my cars for a long time. This Hellcat I built finally taught me something that I will always do from now on. Once I want to modify any new car I am building the engine first. I am ordering it in advance and planning on getting it built for the abuse. Because no matter what, you can do everything perfect, but you can’t plan for your stock engine to hold together.

just consider it. I really think it’s peanuts in comparison to the alternative. Which is gambling every time you stomp the pedal. No matter how badass the tune is, it can’t tune out a weak valve spring.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #89

I know this may seem more of a major upgrade. But consider everything your doing.

I mean really consider it. You are doing such a well thought out setup that covers almost all the bases.

what’s left for failure is minimal, but what is left for failure is the engine itself.

I’ve been modding my cars for a long time. This Hellcat I built finally taught me something that I will always do from now on. Once I want to modify any new car I am building the engine first. I am ordering it in advance and planning on getting it built for the abuse. Because no matter what, you can do everything perfect, but you can’t plan for your stock engine to hold together.

just consider it. I really think it’s peanuts in comparison to the alternative. Which is gambling every time you stomp the pedal. No matter how badass the tune is, it can’t tune out a weak valve spring.

And this is a big reason why I haven't done this to date...

:(

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
And this is a big reason why I haven't done this to date...

:(
i know man. Tough ass decision. You do have the right tuner and the right selection of mods. With the power your going to make, you don’t need to push anything. You’ll make amazing power regardless.

still, mod it though. There’s always fear no matter what, just do it.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Stock plugs are fine especially running E85 which is way cooler anyway.

Coming from someone who has both built a car and blown up a stock motor, my advice is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Running E85 and not going completely bonkers chasing horse power I expect your stock engine will live a long happy life. If you get unlucky for some reason like I did, then just replace it at the time with something better. Keep the rwhp around 850 max and you'll be good I think. Just have that conversation with your tuner so they know what you want as E85 can take quite a bit of timing which equals horse power. I had mine cranked up to 18 deg at one point and Mike from OST said "why for the street?" Well made perfect sense so I backed it down and will save the wear and tear on the engine for if I'm in the hunt for winning the purse at a race class.

After a couple years since mine broke we've learned a few things, like those ring end gaps are a little on the tight side from the factory. Couple that with me running it hard on 93, spinning it to 6700 - 6900 rpm, and things got hot more than they probably should have. E85 provides a lot of cushion for that.

My .02 cents.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I have to go with @Speedy on this one . The key is moderation . If you don't plan on rotating the earth like @WhipCat and @Marc W the stock engine with a 2.85 and moderate tune will last a long time as long as you don't get greedy .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Ok, here's my thoughts on a very simple, mild/moderate, build

Using the S/C I got from @hellno, I'm going to go after a Flex fuel/E85 build with Dusterhoff doing the tuning.

After a brief conversation(s) with them, the following...

Dusterhoff:
  • FIC 1200 injectors
  • Dusterhoff Dual pumps
  • Crank pin
  • HP Tuners license credits
  • Flex tune
Jokerz:
  • Jokerz ported S/C (already have)
  • Quick Change pulley shaft
  • Recoated rotors
  • New bushings
  • Powder coat lid black
CDT Rotors:
  • HCF 1008-0576 DP Rev A (x2)
Fantom Motion:
  • 2.85 Hellraiser pulley (on its way)
  • Polish snout, bearing plate, body
  • Fuel rail upgrade (per @16GoManGoHC2 )
  • HP Tuners mpvi2
Already in place:
  • Legmaker intake
  • S/C spacers
  • Rear diff brace
Pending/undecided:
  • Cooler Plugs???
  • BWoody heat exchanger
  • Clutch
  • D/S
  • N2O
  • Monkey on cocaine in the trunk pushing.
I'm going to fire my $0.05 in on the "undecided '
List .mmm

No need for colder plugs I have tested this already

Bwoody heat exchanger is unnecessary with the spacers and E85 . I tested this also (I removed mine)

A stock clutch will be fine at these power levels ask @16GoManGoHC2 he tested this

I wish you M6 guys could get a good 2 piece driveshaft. I'm not a fan of the 1 piece

I wouldnt use N2O for 2 reasons . It's not good for the rotor in the supercharger and the initial power spike is hard on the rotating assembly.

You absolutely must get a monkey on cocaine in the trunk pushing ! I'm trying to source one out for myself now

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
You absolutely must get a monkey on cocaine in the trunk pushing ! I'm trying to source one out for myself now
I’ve also been missing something.. not quite sure what.. now I know, gotta get one of these!😂

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #95
I'm going to fire my $0.05 in on the "undecided '
List .mmm

No need for colder plugs I have tested this already

Bwoody heat exchanger is unnecessary with the spacers and E85 . I tested this also (I removed mine)

A stock clutch will be fine at these power levels ask @16GoManGoHC2 he tested this

I wish you M6 guys could get a good 2 piece driveshaft. I'm not a fan of the 1 piece

I wouldnt use N2O for 2 reasons . It's not good for the rotor in the supercharger and the initial power spike is hard on the rotating assembly.

Colder plug test - Awesome!
BWoody experience/removal - Awesome! (and thank you!)
-although to be fair to Dusterhoff, they suggested it only after my statement of Standing Mile...
D/S - I will do my best to stay off of prepped surfaced and the use of Slicks... ...including hard launches... (Yeah, right...)
N2O - This may have been Troll Bait....
Monkey on Cocaine - Who couldn't use a Trunk Monkey on cocaine!

Seriously, thank you for the input.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali

+1 If I could do it all over again the engine would have been the first thing done. Gives a lot more peace of mind.

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Good luck with the mods Bull! Can’t go wrong with Curt/2.85/E85/FIC 1200’s/Ported Blower. I would think you would want to open up the TB if you are porting the blower no? I was at Jokerz shop last week dropping off my blower and he said it’s a must.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Colder plug test - Awesome!
BWoody experience/removal - Awesome! (and thank you!)
-although to be fair to Dusterhoff, they suggested it only after my statement of Standing Mile...
D/S - I will do my best to stay off of prepped surfaced and the use of Slicks... ...including hard launches... (Yeah, right...)
N2O - This may have been Troll Bait....
Monkey on Cocaine - Who couldn't use a Trunk Monkey on cocaine!

Seriously, thank you for the input.
I will give you a quick synopsis of my tests .....

When I was running 15 psi of boost the stock plugs worked great no issues . When I went to 18 psi of boost I re-gapped a set if NGK Iridium spark plugs in the stock heat range to 0.028 . I found it was a bit stumbley on cold start up / idle . So them I put in a set of NGK Ruthenium plugs in the stock heat range and the stock gap of 0.032 and had zero issues on pump gas or E90 . This is what I will be using from now on .
On your set up the stock plug with stock gap will work perfect .

The Bwoody heat exchanger was ok but I actually found the F.I spacers and blanket more efficient and kept the intercooler temps lower on the street and drag strip .

The stock clutch is quite robust . On a dedicated race car an aftermarket clutch would be a good investment. On a mostly street car with occasional track time I believe the stock clutch is up to the task with your mods and intentions . @16GoManGoHC2 will have more input though .

I have had nothing but issues with 5 different 1 piece driveshaft from 3 different vendors . Unfortunately you M6 guys are jammed . I went with a stock demon/redeye driveshaft and an super happy with it ( 1.34 sixty foots)

I dabbled with N2O in the past on other cars/trucks . I have broken a few parts. The sudden spike in cylinder pressure can really put a hit on the internals and drive line . Also our superchargers are designed for dry operation and running anything wet ( fuel/ meth) through it will shorten the life of the coating on the rotors .
The monkey is an obvious upgrade and you aint $hit unless you have one !

This has been my experience and my opinion so take it for what it's worth .

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Oh and one thing I will recommend is the fastman ported stock throttle body . For $250 is a great deal and require very little tuning unlike the bigger throttle bodies .

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Also forgot to mention I am running a step colder plug with no issues, the NGK Iridium LFR7AIX

Status
Not open for further replies.