Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 1/4 mile range

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Awesome sounds from that motor. No speaker assist I assume. Lol. The 2-3 shift sounds faster than the 1-2. Also, he says look at temp. I see no gauge info at all, only dash cam straight out off nose footage. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
@Speedy! At the Houston LOD event I ran 9.89 with stock wheels and tires. The only mod was passenger seat removed. I know for a fact another driver with passenger seat removed as the only mod ran either 9.81 or 9.82 (memory fuzzy) also on factory wheels and tires.

Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Awesome sounds from that motor. No speaker assist I assume. Lol. The 2-3 shift sounds faster than the 1-2. Also, he says look at temp. I see no gauge info at all, only dash cam straight out off nose footage. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Ray set the factory stock Demon record at 9.78. Stock back wheels and tires, Crate front wheels and M&H Racemasters same as Dodge had and Pass seat removed. I think that car came with no rear seat (or it was removed). It had no lightening beyond a factory one seat car. It regularly pulled the front wheels.

Ray is on the right. He is not especially small. But he can drive.......

View attachment 4948
The reflection off the track looks like an old 'Cuda graphic. Pretty cool. Lol

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #26
Don't hate me for this but 9.8-9.9 isn't all that impressive to me. I know it should be but with all the performance available now it's diluted I guess.

You start talking low 9.8s - 9.7s and my ears perk up.

Removing some timing to make the launch more manageable would go far I think. How many will be in a private Mass Traction prepped surface afterall?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Don't hate me for this but 9.8-9.9 isn't all that impressive to me. I know it should be but with all the performance available now it's diluted I guess.

You start talking low 9.8s - 9.7s and my ears perk up.

Removing some timing to make the launch more manageable would go far I think. How many will be in a private Mass Traction prepped surface afterall?

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #28
I started the thread because I used the Demon HO tune as a reference for my race tune and it's pretty hot down low. I was curious how many runs it took Dodge with a pro driver, a team of engineers and a professional track prep company in -1400 DA to run a 9.65 or if they had several in that range. It sounds like the world may never know.

Please don't turn my thread in to a Demon is awesome thread. There's plenty of those around and they don't end well.

Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I started the thread because I used the Demon HO tune as a reference for my race tune and it's pretty hot down low. I was curious how many runs it took Dodge with a pro driver, a team of engineers and a professional track prep company in -1400 DA to run a 9.65 or if they had several in that range. It sounds like the world may never know.

Please don't turn my thread in to a Demon is awesome thread. There's plenty of those around and they don't end well.
Fixed as much as I could by myself. Feel free to go and delete all the Quotes if you like. I probably said too much in there anyways.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
@Speedy! The 19 mph headwind @DRAGRCR mentioned was no joke - steady wind all day Saturday and Sunday AM. To give some additional perspective, that was the first time my car was on the track. It had right at 600 miles on the odometer. Excluding runs where I was too aggressive on the throttle or fumbling with the transbrake, worst run was 10.0 with most 9.9s. I’m confident without that headwind I’d have had several 9.8s with a best very low 9.8. I now have a single seat and, for now, plan to run it pure stock, including Nittos. Break-in miles are still in progress. BTW, I weigh 215.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I screen shot the info I needed before it got removed Thanks.
I've been around too long I knew it would be a grand idea.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I love me some Sunday night drama.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I screen shot the info I needed before it got removed Thanks.
I've been around too long I knew it would be a grand idea.
I’m totally in the dark. I missed all of Ron’s posts that were deleted. I was flying home from a trip.

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I’m totally in the dark. I missed all of Ron’s posts that were deleted. I was flying home from a trip.

Me too! What kind of B.S. is that?!!

@DRAGRCR

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Me too! What kind of B.S. is that?!!

@DRAGRCR
I just went through my time slips from Famoso in January and looked at the DA/Time/Temp data from air density on line and proved my theory that I had alluded to in here and that we talke about on the Phone Dan. Now I know what to shoot for. But this was not the right thread to talk about it. Maybe someday I will post up but until then I am gonna chase it. Maybe soon on Nov 2nd...............

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #36
So I'll ask again. Has anyone seen, heard rumor of, or have friends at the CIA that know what the range of runs were for the Demon on the night it set the PB 9.65 at 140.09? I'm not talking about private event, 19mph head wind, etc runs. You guys that attended that event all did a great job, and 9.71 is dang close like I said, but non stock tires etc can change things compared to what I'm searching for.

I said in another thread I'd wager they had done a little something to the car to get it to run the number, and tires would be my bet but who knows really. How many drag racers do you guys know that don't keep a little something up their sleeve or would beat their head on a wall if the tire wasn't getting it done?

I'm just curious about the times the engineers and the pro racer achieved and it'd be nice to have seen more than a single time slip. Maybe an average and here's our best, or something. If that data isn't published and no one knows somebody that knows some body's brother's sister's uncle that knows, then no biggie.

And Ron, no hard feelings....I get it. Seriously.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
So I'll ask again. Has anyone seen, heard rumor of, or have friends at the CIA that know what the range of runs were for the Demon on the night it set the PB 9.65 at 140.09? I'm not talking about private event, 19mph head wind, etc runs. You guys that attended that event all did a great job, and 9.71 is dang close like I said, but non stock tires etc can change things compared to what I'm searching for.

I said in another thread I'd wager they had done a little something to the car to get it to run the number, and tires would be my bet but who knows really. How many drag racers do you guys know that don't keep a little something up their sleeve or would beat their head on a wall if the tire wasn't getting it done?

I'm just curious about the times the engineers and the pro racer achieved and it'd be nice to have seen more than a single time slip. Maybe an average and here's our best, or something. If that data isn't published and no one knows somebody that knows some body's brother's sister's uncle that knows, then no biggie.

And Ron, no hard feelings....I get it. Seriously.
I have corresponded with Jim Wilder since I was the first private owner to race the Demon in the real world. I had emailed Tim Kuniskis about my ongoing purchase and my intentions to race the car and represent Dodge/FCA. So he knew about my purchase and probably knew that I ordered a “One Seat” car etc. Then when I got the car and started making passes I had some questions so he forwarded my E-Mail to Jim.

Jim did tell me once about the night they set the record. He did say what the first pass off the trailer was and the appriximate amount of passes they made and of course the record run. But I do not think you will ever get the info that you want. This last statement by you is still laced with Demon put down. Probably should let this thread die.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I completely missed the purpose of the thread. My bad. Feel free to delete my posts as well.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I completely missed the purpose of the thread. My bad. Feel free to delete my posts as well.
That's too bad. There was some good info flowing there for a moment.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #40
I have corresponded with Jim Wilder since I was the first private owner to race the Demon in the real world. I had emailed Tim Kuniskis about my ongoing purchase and my intentions to race the car and represent Dodge/FCA. So he knew about my purchase and probably knew that I ordered a “One Seat” car etc. Then when I got the car and started making passes I had some questions so he forwarded my E-Mail to Jim.

Jim did tell me once about the night they set the record. He did say what the first pass off the trailer was and the appriximate amount of passes they made and of course the record run. But I do not think you will ever get the info that you want. This last statement by you is still laced with Demon put down. Probably should let this thread die.
So you have information from Wilder but can't say or? The data I was looking for is what it took for that pro team with every possible advantage behind them. Imagine if you got to have a private track rental with -1000+ DA, the chassis and power train engineers there to set the car up and data log for you, and a professional track prep company doing their thing? I'd think you guys would be very interested in the night's festivities rather than a snap shot of their pb run to have some metrics.

The Demon put down comment makes me chuckle. When I said I get it I get it. You guys have cars that came with a 9.65 time slip and have become defensive from all the jack wagons putting the car down because no one's been able to do it in the wild. THAT is my point.....you guys don't have the advantages the 9.65 team did and I figured it'd be an interesting thread to talk about what it actually took them to do it. 15 runs or whatever, 2 drive shafts, an axle or two, etc. My bet is with the factory tires consistency was tricky and hard on parts.

Deleting posts is childish IMO. Threads meander at times but usually some good info sprinkled in there. That's not directed at you it's directed at Ron lol. If you post something from a misunderstanding just say sorry and move on.

Lighten up folks, not everyone hates the Demon ya know.

Why aren't you guys putting together another event at the same track the 9.65 team used? That's what I'd be planning....well or Atco (y)