Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 1/4 mile range

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #81
Well....Facebook LMAO.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I don't think Ron is tuned... and any dealer can tell you that. It'll have a code or it won't.

I think if there was more effort on a properly prepped track with a vehicle on stock rubber... you guys would be closer to matching the 9.65. Ron running it with his mods will never get him the credit that a factory stock car would.

Draining the washer fluid is a couple pounds off of the front of the car. Nobody would claim that doing it is a mod. What about removing the wiper blades? Well, if you're doing that, what about removing the entire wiper assembly? While you're in there, just remove the cowl entirely, take out the cabin filter... where do you stop and at what point is the weight reduction too much? This is the argument that never ends. Weight reduction is a mod... running the lowest possible factory weight is not.
Being very low on gas
Running the best possible fuel
Run 6qts of oil instead of 7... it's less windage and less weight. No different than changing the amount of air in the tires, right? I'd also remove the TMPS as well... that's rotational mass you simply don't need :LOL:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Honestly, id start cutting excess metal in the chassis that is covered by interior panels or bumper covers etc.

Who would honestly know??? Unless you posted the stuff online for the world to see.

I can tell some people have never street/grudge raced before ;)

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
So many ways to cheat just a extra tenth or two and with everything FCA/SRT had at stake from a marketing standpoint, I just can't buy that the car used was 100% showroom stock when NO ONE has matched that time with a showroom stock car. The only Demons even close, like Ron, still had some very light mods. I think that speaks volumes to Ron's driving ability, but the fact that its still off from a supposedly showroom stock car still leads me to believe that car was a ringer and could have had a few small tricks that no one has been able to validate on that car. Its really naive to think otherwise, there's even some variation in two showroom stock cars that are identical.

Last edited:

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My car has wheels/tires and a #14 battery and the washer fluid is drained. And I do beleive it is still getting faster every pass. It actually surprised me what it did resently in Houston.
Ron, I don't doubt your car is stock other than these mods. In fact, I appreciate the fact that you've been honest about this the whole time, even while trying to chase the record.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
screw the record just add a pulley and tune and go faster
any changes from the day it was bought off the showroom floor isnt bone stock anyway therefore saying it is would be incorrect

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
as a matter of fact I have a 2.85 litens that will make that demon a whole lot more fun to race
and calling it cheating is such a harsh word ,lets call it improvising

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
anyone else not seeing anything in Drag's posts except "....."? But if someone replies with a quote I can see what he wrote in that quote box? What the hell?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
magnified that pulley and injectors has your name on it

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
LOL I know.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #91
I don't think Ron is tuned... and any dealer can tell you that. It'll have a code or it won't.
Once the Demon crate PCM is installed the code is tripped. Demon owners all got a letter stating it wouldn't void their warranty. Also means they can put a tune on there since the code is already thrown. That'd be a no brainer for me!

I totally understand the guys wanting to match the Demon record. I'd definitely try if I had one.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

I think if there was more effort on a properly prepped track with a vehicle on stock rubber... you guys would be closer to matching the 9.65. Ron running it with his mods will never get him the credit that a factory stock car would.

Draining the washer fluid is a couple pounds off of the front of the car. Nobody would claim that doing it is a mod. What about removing the wiper blades? Well, if you're doing that, what about removing the entire wiper assembly? While you're in there, just remove the cowl entirely, take out the cabin filter... where do you stop and at what point is the weight reduction too much? This is the argument that never ends. Weight reduction is a mod... running the lowest possible factory weight is not.
Being very low on gas
Running the best possible fuel
Run 6qts of oil instead of 7... it's less windage and less weight. No different than changing the amount of air in the tires, right? I'd also remove the TMPS as well... that's rotational mass you simply don't need :LOL:
If folks are going to cut sheet metal where it can't be seen, drop a quart of oil, etc..., don't forget to take a healthy dump and piss before getting behind the wheel, don't wear anything under the fire suit, run open face helmet, take off the visor, no watch, jewelry, etc..., take out the glove box and center storage interiors, etc... stick a finger down your throat and empty out that stomach.... Now I'm having some fun with this, but realistically I agree with folks who say if you want to compete / confirm that Dodge "record" we need to know exactly what the conditions were and exactly how the car was set up. Otherwise it's just so much

glenohumeral-shoulder-joint-freeweightaddict-lateral-rotation-c5-medial-rotatio-c6-47526671.png

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I don't think it would require satellite up links or anything. It's pretty simple to reasonably see that the tune is factory stock. There could be torque management items to check but easily done, and the timing table is the timing table. Doesn't matter how it's driven. There are a TON of trans tables and you're right the car does change those based on driving style, but that doesn't matter either and could be logged (I had to log mine to get the shift points to do what I wanted). Those trans tables mainly impact how soon or how late the car upshifts at part throttle, so not really relevant to 1/4 mile WOT runs.

The simplest way to check would be to simply download the tune from your car with HPT and do a compare against a known factory tune file which is easily obtained. The software will highlight any differences.

Having said that, are people questioning your car being stock tune? I don't see why they would be it seems to run what you'd expect and one other is noted in the 1/4 mile list as being right there on stock tires as well.
Oh, I forgot. Tim Barth ruthlessly flamed me on FaceBook and accused me of being tuned after I ran one of his clients at Great Lakes Dragway. There was NO WAY my Demon could be so much faster than his. It's funny, he was not even there. He was super nasty and he was completely relying on hearsay. HHmmmmm .......... And you have a buisness and you offend a potential client on line for everyone to see. Not too bright. I guess you can say he is passionate.

For that reason I would never let him tune one of my cars. Not in a million years.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
we all know who tunes demonology

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Oh, I forgot. Tim Barth ruthlessly flamed me on FaceBook and accused me of being tuned after I ran one of his clients at Great Lakes Dragway. There was NO WAY my Demon could be so much faster than his. It's funny, he was not even there. He was super nasty and he was completely relying on hearsay. HHmmmmm .......... And you have a buisness and you offend a potential client on line for everyone to see. Not too bright. I guess you can say he is passionate.

For that reason I would never let him tune one of my cars. Not in a million years.
I noticed you caught a lot of flak on FB.
I don't care about the record personally. Once the info was out on how they did it, then it was going to be one hell of an effort just to match it.

The Demon is cool because someone finally built a car that is ready to go to the drag strip and doesn't need the manufacturer's catalog of parts installed to make it run a number. They gave it to you for $1.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I noticed you caught a lot of flak on FB.
I don't care about the record personally. Once the info was out on how they did it, then it was going to be one hell of an effort just to match it.

The Demon is cool because someone finally built a car that is ready to go to the drag strip and doesn't need the manufacturer's catalog of parts installed to make it run a number. They gave it to you for $1.
That $1 worth of parts was built into the price tag of the vehicle though so you didn't really get it for a $1, just seemed cooler to say it was a $1.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Actually he did get it for a dollar because had he not paid the dollar he wouldn’t have it therefore it’s still only cost extra dollar

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Actually he did get it for a dollar because had he not paid the dollar he wouldn’t have it therefore it’s still only cost extra dollar
My point was you didn't get a bunch of go fast goodies for just $1, you paid that in the base price of the vehicle, if you chose not to get the parts for $1, you simply paid for them anyway and didn't get them.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
If I were to set the record, I’d be more than willing to let any competent Dodge dealer scan it, put it on a lift, weigh it or anything else except taking the motor and transmission apart to assure it’s stock. Anyone not believing after that, I’d just tell them to kiss my a**.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City