Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Hopefully most if not all these Superstock

Make it to the Drag strip.

There is no reason why they shouldn't.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Not that this is any stunning realization, but it appears the Super Stock is a Demon, without the trans brake and the crate. So as promised, it's NOT a Demon. That promise thing they did about the '18 Demons being the only ones they will ever make is kind of insulting to our intelligence, as if we can't see what they've done. I'll admit though, I was duped, as I did believe them. Guess Detroit is becoming the next Washington DC.
The S/S doesn't look like it sits as high in the back as the Demon.
I am thinking its similar suspension to the Redeye but has a different tune from the factory.

I think this car should have come with the transbrake too. Don't offer the crate and don't call it a Demon and they stay true to their word.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My Car still has not shipped yet.

The Sinamon Stick car going to IL just got built.

There is a Indigo Blue car going to Florida and it has been built and released by the Plant and may be on a Train. Or it's sitting like mine waiting. Either one could be moving twoards the dealer any day now.
Dang Ron, I hope you get your SS & get some break in miles on it b4 you come to HRP on 1/9/21 , I'll be there again too, safe travels & good luck !

Member ID
Reactions
City
owensboro
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019redeye hellcat
The suspension on the SS is the same as what is on the Redeye just tuned for drag racing vs track per Dodge

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Any unique suspension component or similar to the Demon is the springs. The shocks may have a drag race setting. The rest of that LX Suspension is like all other LX suspensions.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
They could have borrowed the suspension from the 1320... would that make them feel better?

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Check your pm' s Ron.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #228
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #229
Last I heard my car was still not picked up yet by the Railroad. But I was told the shipper had an ETA in Mira Loma California of 11-23-2020. That is where they get off loaded for final Truck delivery to my Dealer.

My 18X11 Forgestar F14 rims are on eternal back order. It seems the Super Deep Concave blanks are out of stock. They did tell me they will EVENTUALLY show up.

I decided to run the following tires to race locally here at Irwindale even though they are not street legal. They are big and tall and they are the newest technology (just came out) so I am thinking they will reliably hook and last a long time. Measuring rim is 18X11 and that happens to be stock rim size for my car. HOOSIER 29.5/11.5R18 DRAG BRACKET RADIAL
29.5 11.5R18 28.8 POUNDS.jpg

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
owensboro
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019redeye hellcat
Hey DRAGRCR you seem to have some connection with a guy at dodge .Just wanted to know if they are going to extend the PDR. for 2021

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #231
Well, you saw this here first. 192 cars built. I assume the 2 odd cars went to Canada? So cool.

2020 SS CONFIG CROP.png

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #232
Yes, I did ask and the 2 cars went to Canada. "Canada, yes indeed. They have sequential VINs so someone wanted two of them. They are not identical either. Both in Hellraisin though."

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Surprised only 11 were Hellraisin. Would like to see a color break down. I'm sure black was the most:rolleyes:

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Yes, I did ask and the 2 cars went to Canada. "Canada, yes indeed. They have sequential VINs so someone wanted two of them. They are not identical either. Both in Hellraisin though."
stayed in canada;)

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Good point. Unless they had to go to the up fitters on the other side of the border. Then they would be sent back to Canada.🤔😀

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #236
Surprised only 11 were Hellraisin. Would like to see a color break down. I'm sure black was the most:rolleyes:
Well, of the ones that I know of so far.

Sold/Ordered cars
4 HellRaisin (including those 2 going to Canada)
1 Smoke Show
1 Go Mango

Dealer stock
2 Pitch Black
1 Indigo Blue
1 Sinamon Stick
2 Smoke Show
1 F8 Green

Also based on what I learned with the Demons, I think the main Upfitter is in Windsor.
There is also an upfitter in north Detroit and some cars may actually ship from a VDC in Detroit (old Viper Plant). But I think Winsor has a loading facility so I bet some or all ship straight form there. Also at one time with the Demons it seemed some were actually upfitted in a makeshift/temporary upfitter right at the factory.

@moparjim @oilburner

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Slightly off topic of your specific car.. but do you have any real idea what the weight difference might be between a base(cloth seat, etc.) car vs a more loaded one(leather, sunroof, etc.) ?
I don't have a good feel for that.

I really like the Sinammon Stick car but it's got the sunroof and such like my current car. If I'm going to get a SS I'd like to get a light one.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
So the 2020 year is done wonder why PLMCRAZY has not released the stats yet.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #239
Slightly off topic of your specific car.. but do you have any real idea what the weight difference might be between a base(cloth seat, etc.) car vs a more loaded one(leather, sunroof, etc.) ?
I don't have a good feel for that.

I really like the Sinammon Stick car but it's got the sunroof and such like my current car. If I'm going to get a SS I'd like to get a light one.
Somewhere I saw all the published shipping weights. You could calculate things like the rear seat delete etc. But if you want a light one, why compromise? Right now you can use the info I have given you and try to find a cloth seat car or order a 2021. If you look at my Config tree you can see there are very few 2020's built that way. If you can stand black at all I would nail that one on there in the 33328 zip code. But I would not pay a markup of any kind and I would have to keep the rebate. 2021 the rebate is not garanteed. A hard decision I know......

Also note: There is a F8 going to KOONS. But it's loaded.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #240
So, I am not exactly sure what happened. Either my car made record time being shipped by the Railroad, or FCA had it shipped by Truck like the Demons & Vipers. BECAUSE it showed up unexpectedly today.

So, the first 2020 Super Stock on the road today?

DSCN2951.JPG DSCN2954.JPG DSCN2957.JPG DSCN2976.JPG HOME AT LAST.jpg