Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
A mid 1.4 60' is pretty good to me considering the best I've ever seen is a 1.48. I guess it's all relative LOL.

I don't see how the tune would add timing absence of knock. The timing table is static and other than modifiers, like knock, ect, iat, etc it's gonna be what it is. If you get a read of the PCM/TCM on the Super Stock and wanna send it to me I can do a compare against other stuff I have though.
Throw some timing at the bottom, shoot for the moon:p

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #382
A mid 1.4 60' is pretty good to me considering the best I've ever seen is a 1.48. I guess it's all relative LOL.

I don't see how the tune would add timing absence of knock. The timing table is static and other than modifiers, like knock, ect, iat, etc it's gonna be what it is. If you get a read of the PCM/TCM on the Super Stock and wanna send it to me I can do a compare against other stuff I have though.
In the context of that conversation maybe what was being said is if you have run lower octane for a while and the car had LTKR, then maybe after running good gas for a period of time it will be restoring/adding timing. How does LTKR get reset?

I do have copies of my tunes. I was not able to log Mike@OST's Channel list. Even though this car is also a 2020 RedEye the Channels would not work. I thought it was because this PCM is locked, but that was not the case. I had to have HPTuners add support for this car in their Beta version of the VCM Suite Software. I also had that Checksum error that they fixed. They are pretty good about adding support. Just the nature of the beast when you are the first person using their system on brand new Shit.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yes LTKR could be a factor. Those settings occur over time so if at question a reset when putting in good fuel could help.

Indigo Joe

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
The sticks
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I doubt if dragrcr has any LTKR. He has been on top of the fuel no doubt. Logic suggests that if STKR becomes habitual, LTKR would start to increment until STKR becomes insignificant. Then, it would be logical to assume resetting the PCM would clear LTKR. But who knows what they have going on these days....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
^^ That's correct.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #386
So, last Saturday when I was hot lapping making passes in the middle of the Red List Competition I received a Vehicle Report VIA Guardian. What are the odds of this happening? Do you think Dodge keeps a record of this???? Gulp !
. Screenshot 12 5 2020 Redlist.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Big Brother has black listed that cars warranty lol

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
So, last Saturday when I was hot lapping making passes in the middle of the Red List Competition I received a Vehicle Report VIA Guardian. What are the odds of this happening? Do you think Dodge keeps a record of this???? Gulp !
. View attachment 32643
That is great, Ron. No problem, looks like you may have been just low on gas going to evening services. Just a bit of air pressures out of balance on a new car is all.

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
. View attachment 32643

78 PSI in fronts!!!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #392
78 PSI in fronts!!!
Paul, that is the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR 28X6.00R18LT. They are F rated and good for 95 PSI. NOTE: This is the ONLY tire in that brand/style that has the F rating. I actually think the TPMS will read quite a bit higher maybe all the way up to 95 psi.

The car was running on my Street Setup and that is how I run them on the street. The car drives really well on that tire. Many times I forget I am on a Skinny.

The only problem when racing on them is they skid real easy. So when driving out of the burnout towards the starting line many times the front lock up when I get on the brakes. It's no big deal really but it is weird and I dislike it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayette County
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Paul, that is the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR 28X6.00R18LT. They are F rated and good for 95 PSI. NOTE: This is the ONLY tire in that brand/style that has the F rating. I actually think the TPMS will read quite a bit higher maybe all the way up to 95 psi.

The car was running on my Street Setup and that is how I run them on the street. The car drives really well on that tire. Many times I forget I am on a Skinny.

The only problem when racing on them is they skid real easy. So when driving out of the burnout towards the starting line many times the front lock up when I get on the brakes. It's no big deal really but it is weird and I dislike it.
I run the same tire upfront now. I previously ran the M&H Front runner but changed after talking to a Mickey Thompson rep at Summit Racing in Georgia, having radials front and rear. FYI: I called MT technical support and they recommended 65 psi for our cars.

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Don't the MTs weigh considerably more than the bias tires? like 4 or 5 #

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
At least. I started off with some Phoenix tires on my mustang then thought I may drive them on the street some so I put the M/T on it. I'm thinking it was closer to 10# each and they were 17" The M/T's were taller at 28" where the Phoenix were 27" so that was some of the weight also

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #396
That Sportsman SR Tire is 25.5 pounds, a M & H Racemaster is 16 pounds and the Hoosier race tire is just under 12 pounds.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
OK, the Street Wheel and tire setup will need changes. I like the front Forgestrar F14 18X5 Drag Pack wheel with the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR tire a lot. It drove really well on the previous RedEye. Many times I actually forgot I was on a skinny. I run the tires at 75 PSI cold. With the negative offset I bet it will look great on the Wide Body and it ended up driving better than I expected.
The Rear Drag Pack 17X10 has to go. That +30 offset is a deal breaker for the new car. I have looked into other wheels, which would force a new front wheel and I am just ordered new rear wheels. Forgestar F14 18X11 Super Deep Concave 0mm offset Gloss Gunmetal to match the front. I went with 18's because you CAN'T get a 17" F14 in the correct wide body offset and surprisingly there are more tire choices in the 18". I can run the 305/45R18 MT ET STREET R (stretched, my first choice) or the Hoosier P325/45R18 DOT Drag Radial tire and if I wanted to chance a non DOT tire they have the new Hoosier Drag Bracket Radials that I will be running on the Light Weight Race setup in the 28/10.5 R18 and 2 new sizes coming soon 29.5/10.5 R18 and 29.5/11.5 R18, all radial slicks. View attachment 22678
OK, the Street Wheel and tire setup will need changes. I like the front Forgestrar F14 18X5 Drag Pack wheel with the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR tire a lot. It drove really well on the previous RedEye. Many times I actually forgot I was on a skinny. I run the tires at 75 PSI cold. With the negative offset I bet it will look great on the Wide Body and it ended up driving better than I expected.
The Rear Drag Pack 17X10 has to go. That +30 offset is a deal breaker for the new car. I have looked into other wheels, which would force a new front wheel and I am just ordered new rear wheels. Forgestar F14 18X11 Super Deep Concave 0mm offset Gloss Gunmetal to match the front. I went with 18's because you CAN'T get a 17" F14 in the correct wide body offset and surprisingly there are more tire choices in the 18". I can run the 305/45R18 MT ET STREET R (stretched, my first choice) or the Hoosier P325/45R18 DOT Drag Radial tire and if I wanted to chance a non DOT tire they have the new Hoosier Drag Bracket Radials that I will be running on the Light Weight Race setup in the 28/10.5 R18 and 2 new sizes coming soon 29.5/10.5 R18 and 29.5/11.5 R18, all radial slicks. View attachment 22678 View attachment 22679 View attachment 22680 View attachment 22681 View attachment 22682 View attachment 22683
On the frost bite car were those 18' x 10" with a "0" offset? 305 by 45 I really like the fit on those and they do not stick out, but did it take a lot of work on the inside fender well?
View attachment 22679 View attachment 22680 View attachment 22681 View attachment 22682 View attachment 22683

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #398
@Viper
The F14's on the rear of the Frostbite car were 17X10 +30 offset. With a 315/50R17 and yes you need max tub mods to make them fit.
. DSCN2936.JPG

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #399
OK, so I was getting the car ready for Houston and changing out the Wheels & Tires and I remembered to take these pics for you guys.

I also verified that HPTuners added the support for the channels I want to Data Log. All of them work now.

. 1219201417.jpg 1219201418.jpg 1219201422.jpg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm not up on the part numbers, is that a Demon shock/spring, Hellcat, or something specific to the SS?