Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #441
I’m dying over here. Let’s see those times!
Sorry, it has been a long day. The car started out having the Hiccup Blues. So, no Joy with the times in the 10. Oh's......10.09, 10.08, 10.07 and 10.09, but a couple were at 137 mph. So the MPH was a personal best by far, but the ET's were disappointing. So, I went for it and used the HPTuners program to reset the PCM Adaptives. Interestingly I did not have the option to reset the TCM Adaptives which I wanted to do. I will have to email them on Monday and see if they can add it.

After I reset the Adaptives the car took one pass to learn and that was a 10.07 @ 135 and then it ran a 9.96 @ 136.

It did start to hiccup again later and I reset the Adaptives again. It did work and I did a best of 9.95 @ 136. I made 17 passes and had the mentioned 9.95 and 9.96 and also a 9.97 and 9.98 and 2 10.00's.

The car hauls ass when it makes all the shifts and does not hiccup. But it had learned the heavier wheel and tires setup in positive DA and then came out here with the much lighter Wheels and Tires and shorter rear tire and great DA and then all of a sudden it is over revving before it can complete the shifts. Resetting the Adaptives helped but did not last for some reason.
. 9.95.jpg 9.96.jpg

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dongola
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 F250 Super Duty, 1996 F150
Very nice, do you have any videos of the runs?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #443
Very nice, do you have any videos of the runs?
As of now, no. None were offered to me. I was by myself. I am sure someone there took some. Maybe they will post them up on U-Tube or send one to me.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Sorry, it has been a long day. The car started out having the Hiccup Blues. So, no Joy with the times in the 10. Oh's......10.07 and 10.09, but both at 137 mph. So the MPH was a personal best by far, but the ET's were disappointing. So, I went for it and used the HPTuners program to reset the PCM Adaptives. Interestingly I did not have the option to reset the TCM Adaptives which I wanted to do. I will have to email them on Monday and see if they can add it.

After I reset the Adaptives the car took one pass to learn and that was a 10.07 @ 135 and then it ran a 9.96 @ 136.

It did start to hiccup again later and I reset the Adaptives again. It did work and I did a best of 9.95 @ 136. I made 17 passes and had the mentioned 9.95 and 9.96 and also a 9.97 and 9.98 and 2 10.00's.

The car hauls ass when it makes all the shifts and does not hiccup. But it had learned the heavier wheel and tires setup in positive DA and then came out here with the much lighter Wheels and Tires and shorter rear tire and great DA and then all of a sudden it is over revving before it can complete the shifts. Resetting the Adaptives helped but did not last for some reason.
. View attachment 35322 View attachment 35323
Nice Ron and thanks for sharing your experiences with these monsters..

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Great times Ron I bet your over the moon,what was the da?

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
I am making some passes tomorrow at a private track rental at Houston Raceway Park. The DA is projected to be excellent. And then I am running the following Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the same track. I should get lots of passes in. But I think the DA is going to be best tomorrow. So I really should go for it.
How did the Super Stock do? Cant wait to hear your results. I heard conditions & DA were good.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Sorry, it has been a long day. The car started out having the Hiccup Blues. So, no Joy with the times in the 10. Oh's......10.07 and 10.09, but both at 137 mph. So the MPH was a personal best by far, but the ET's were disappointing. So, I went for it and used the HPTuners program to reset the PCM Adaptives. Interestingly I did not have the option to reset the TCM Adaptives which I wanted to do. I will have to email them on Monday and see if they can add it.

. View attachment 35322 View attachment 35323
Good runs Ron get that hiccup out and your going to be close to your Demon times!

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Congrats on the 9's!!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #449
Great times Ron I bet your over the moon,what was the da?
The DA was -1300 when the first runs were made. But the times were not good because of the hiccups. The power the car was making with that low DA was causing the car to not be able to complete the shifts in time. When it ran the 9.95 the DA was -547 feet per the track app. Other runs the DA got up to about -490 or so. But all the first runs were in Neg 1300 to Neg 1100 or so.

OK so some TECH. I was told by someone that is VERY smart that the reason resetting the PCM Adaptives would cure the Hiccups is because resetting the Adaptives will cause the engine to make LESS power on the initial runs after the reset. That is why it wore off, so to speak. As the engine fine tuned it's self for ideal performance it accelerated faster and the Hiccups returned.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
OK so some TECH. I was told by someone that is VERY smart that the reason resetting the PCM Adaptives would cure the Hiccups is because resetting the Adaptives will cause the engine to make LESS power on the initial runs after the reset. That is why it wore off, so to speak. As the engine fine tuned it's self for ideal performance it accelerated faster and the Hiccups returned.
Makes perfect sense. There's not enough head room between when the car tells the trans to shift and when the rev limiter kicks in. Different parameters, but essentially the same issue your RE had. At least this one goes fast. lol

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
The DA was -1300 when the first runs were made. But the times were not good because of the hiccups. The power the car was making with that low DA was causing the car to not be able to complete the shifts in time. When it ran the 9.95 the DA was -547 feet per the track app. Other runs the DA got up to about -490 or so. But all the first runs were in Neg 1300 to Neg 1100 or so.

Anyway around hiccups? Tune? Or its just baked into the “cake” as they say

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat

AWESOME times. I cannot wait!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #453
Makes perfect sense. There's not enough head room between when the car tells the trans to shift and when the rev limiter kicks in. Different parameters, but essentially the same issue your RE had. At least this one goes fast. lol
Wow, that RedEye was way worse. One thing that helps this car is they firmed up the 1-2 shift a BUNCH. And it is definitely calibrated on the good side of this issue.

I was told that my car may work better next weekend due to the anticipated higher DA. We will see.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
IMO, anything that slows the rate of acceleration of the engine will help you stay off the rev limiter. So yeah, worse DA should help that. It seems just generally screwy to be talking about worse air making something better. lol

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #455
Anyway around hiccups? Tune? Or its just baked into the “cake” as they say
Basically what has happened is they now have this RedEye engine making 800 horsepower and they are having trouble managing it. I know the original Demon engine was set up real conservative. So it should be able to rev more. Hence the SRT/RedEye Super Stock being the first one to shift at 6400 RPM, and I don't think any physical changes have been done to the basic Demon/RedEye motor. Up 100 from the Demon/RedEye 6300. The Demon had special programming but in poor track prep conditions or on the street it would hiccup too sometimes. And, the 2019 and earlier RedEyes and Hellcats had real conservative shift programming. Both the 19 RedEye logs I have looked at shifted way early on the 1-2 shift.

Now from 2020 on they are trying to shift right at 6300/6400. So if you reduce the weight of the car, run in negative DA, run a shorter rear tire or anything that will cause the car to accelerate faster then the car cannot complete the shifts in time. It still has the same rev limit and it still commands the shift at the same time or RPM and there is just not enough time for the transmission to complete the shift in time and pull the RPM back down to a safe limit. To make matters worse the Rev Limiter is predictive. So it sees the rate of acceleration of the motor real fast and that will cause it to react faster to insure the motor does not blow up.

So the closer you are to showroom stock the better you will do. As a side note this car will do really well in crappy DA the way I have mine set up! Looking forward to Summer ! N O T ! ! ! ! !

"Anyway around hiccups?"

Add weight
Taller rear tire
Run at higher altitude / temperature / humidity etc.

Tune the TCM for a lower shift RPM. As was pointed out to me by @Phast Hemi , the TCM is not locked. So, I may look into a TCM tune for Low DA that I can write to the car when I attend events like this. I need to verify this is possible.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I think you’re gonna do well at the LOD event next weekend and look forward to seeing just how well🤟Be watching on my iPad this year.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Basically what has happened is they now have this RedEye engine making 800 horsepower and they are having trouble managing it. I know the original Demon engine was set up real conservative. So it should be able to rev more. Hence the SRT/RedEye Super Stock being the first one to shift at 6400 RPM, and I don't think any physical changes have been done to the basic Demon/RedEye motor. Up 100 from the Demon/RedEye 6300. The Demon had special programming but in poor track prep conditions or on the street it would hiccup too sometimes. And, the 2019 and earlier RedEyes and Hellcats had real conservative shift programming. Both the 19 RedEye logs I have looked at shifted way early on the 1-2 shift.

Now from 2020 on they are trying to shift right at 6300/6400. So if you reduce the weight of the car, run in negative DA, run a shorter rear tire or anything that will cause the car to accelerate faster then the car cannot complete the shifts in time. It still has the same rev limit and it still commands the shift at the same time or RPM and there is just not enough time for the transmission to complete the shift in time and pull the RPM back down to a safe limit. To make matters worse the Rev Limiter is predictive. So it sees the rate of acceleration of the motor real fast and that will cause it to react faster to insure the motor does not blow up.

So the closer you are to showroom stock the better you will do. As a side note this car will do really well in crappy DA the way I have mine set up! Looking forward to Summer ! N O T ! ! ! ! !

"Anyway around hiccups?"

Add weight
Taller rear tire
Run at higher altitude / temperature / humidity etc.

Tune the TCM for a lower shift RPM. As was pointed out to me by @Phast Hemi , the TCM is not locked. So, I may look into a TCM tune for Low DA that I can write to the car when I attend events like this. I need to verify this is possible.
Wow. Love the detail Dragrcr!
Hard to believe. Dont lighten and crap Da = a good day. Feels like 2020 all over again..
so have rear seat delete. But Im guessing leave passenger seat in car..🤷‍♂️ How much gas did you run with? Half tank?
Looking forward to your next event results in the SS!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #458
Wow. Love the detail Dragrcr!
Hard to believe. Dont lighten and crap Da = a good day. Feels like 2020 all over again..
so have rear seat delete. But Im guessing leave passenger seat in car..🤷‍♂️ How much gas did you run with? Half tank?
Looking forward to your next event results in the SS!
Maybe you missed the point. I would say if you are running in about +1000 DA or worse then you WANT to do all the things I did.

Most of these cars are different and they even act different at different ambient temps. If you want to run low fuel level I suggest you experiment to see what you can get away with. Most on here think you should have a considerable amount of fuel in the car when you run and I do not want to start a debate. Or PM me.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Most on here think you should have a considerable amount of fuel in the car when you run and I do not want to start a debate. Or PM me.
LOL, not all of us though. :geek:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats Ron @DRAGRCR on your 9 second passes !!
Your SS is putting in the work, it was good seeing you again & talking to you.
It was a great day at HRP, lots of good ET's for everyone.
The new color looks awesome.
Enjoyed it.