Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
I never try autostick because I did not know the rev limit would be higher. I have always run all my cars in Drive/Auto.

Refresh my memory.....Is that in Drive but pull a downshift paddle just before launching and then let it force shifts at redline? I assumed it would shift higher as well (along with the higher rev limit and still hiccup).

This will only be an issue at lower DA and if the car picks up HP from breaking in more and eventually I will try some different fuels / blending etc.

I am working with Curt to lower the shift points, but I am not going to unlock the PCM.

Tune sent.
Thanks for coming to me. Excited to work with you. Now I just gotta slowly work you over to unlocking that pcm. It took me almost 5 years but i finally got Simon to pull some weight out of his car so you never know.

:ROFLMAO:

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #482
Thanks for coming to me. Excited to work with you. Now I just gotta slowly work you over to unlocking that pcm. It took me almost 5 years but i finally got Simon to pull some weight out of his car so you never know.

Damn that's funny.

Actually me doing just the TCM to fix the hiccups , w a s Simon's idea.

Taking weight out is a Double Win. Faster and easier on parts. Not sure why all this fascination with heavyweight. I could see heavy duty parts that are necessary for durability or safety sake. But a Pass Seat?

You know, I have already decided to run 100 octane all the time...........

For now lets see what this thing will run Stock for a while.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Damn that's funny.

Taking weight out is a Double Win. Faster and easier on parts. Not sure why all this fascination with heavyweight. I could see heavy duty parts that are necessary for durability or safety sake. But a Pass Seat?

The two of us think the same. These heavy cars really benefit from getting the weight out.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dongola
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 F250 Super Duty, 1996 F150
Very nice thank you, I’d say the supercharger whine is louder than any other stock challenger I have heard.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #488
Very nice thank you, I’d say the supercharger whine is louder than any other stock challenger I have heard.
I mentioned that way back. Even before I put the Demon Air Filter on it on the street it was really loud. So cool to have a stock Vehicle that is so obnoxious.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #489
DEMON COMPARISIN

Jan 19 2019 LOD I ran a 3 run cycle on 808 with the Demon S465. You can see the car gets faster on every run. The Car was likely cooled down before it began. Runs are just 2 or 3 minutes apart. Car does a 10.07, 9.99 and 9.98. DA was -1000 feet. Demon probably had 250 passes and 3000 street miles. Super Stock 33 passes and 362 miles on the ODO.

Super Stock Heat soaked. I ran 10 minutes earlier and turned it off with the hood closed and added fuel. Turned it on and went straight up and made my last 2 passes back to back 3 min apart 9.97 and 9.95. What if I had made a 3rd? DA was -625 feet.

. 808.jpg 1640 9.971.png 1642 9.956.jpg

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
So basically screw the Demon and buy a S/S.

All I needed to know. Thanks man!

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda

I don't know man, the Demon sure does have a really cool looking hood. :)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I don't know man, the Demon sure does have a really cool looking hood. :)
May be true, but, it is not worth $30-50k. Clearly the Demon’s performance has been matched. But, it remains a collector. All is good, and we love the fact this SS can do so well out of the box. Same is true for most Redeye’s. Many achieve low 10’s. Others take them to turn right and lefts and defy opinions. What a great time to be a performance car person. Way to go Ron, sure looks like you are having fun.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Sure glad I don’t have to worry about first or second gear on the road courses. Wow, good thing the computers are doing that for you! Amazing launch.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
[/QUOTE]

Good run Ron. I'm curious: is the bobble at the top of low gear a slight hiccup, or did it shake the tires a bit? I can't tell even when listening to the video?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #495
Good run Ron. I'm curious: is the bobble at the top of low gear a slight hiccup, or did it shake the tires a bit? I can't tell even when listening to the video?[/QUOTE]
I am surprised you can tell that in the video. It shifts so hard it spins the Slicks. The prep was so sticky that, yes, it kind of chatters or groans when they spin. It does not screech. It's the first time I am able to see a bubble in the speed trend line on the Data Logs from tire spin on the 1-2 shift.

Last edited:

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I never try autostick because I did not know the rev limit would be higher. I have always run all my cars in Drive/Auto.

Refresh my memory.....Is that in Drive but pull a downshift paddle just before launching and then let it force shifts at redline? I assumed it would shift higher as well (along with the higher rev limit and still hiccup).

This will only be an issue at lower DA and if the car picks up HP from breaking in more and eventually I will try some different fuels / blending etc.

I am working with Curt to lower the shift points, but I am not going to unlock the PCM.

Tune sent.

Every time I tried autostick I got a "hickup" on the upshift? Iike it bounced off the rev limiter?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black

That's the Demon in 808 mode... so unless you plan on racing the Demon without using it's racing settings, the S/S looks like a bargain.
Ron's Demon in 840 Drag Mode had better numbers, ones that I don't think will be matched by an S/S in similar conditions/weight.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye

LOL. Even with some targeted weight management, the car still has both front stock leather seats in it.. I still drive it almost everyday and enjoy it as the great machine that it is. Always nice to be able to carry passengers in a street car. We're gonna try it your way and see how it works out.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Damn that's funny.

Dont have a fascination with the immense weight. Do have a fascination with a passenger car that is comfortable, fast, and able to carry passengers as designed. Just trying to keep the car true to its intended form.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
LOL. Even with some targeted weight management, the car still has both front stock leather seats in it.. I still drive it almost everyday and enjoy it as the great machine that it is. Always nice to be able to carry passengers in a street car. We're gonna try it your way and see how it works out.
You know after I wrote that the only thing I could think of is what happened as soon as you did it but I didn't wanna put your business out there. Thought maybe you were having second thoughts as a result.