Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
@TNREDEYE ...Hoosier also makes a DOT DR in 315/40 or 45/18...I believe theyu also have a 325 in the same setup.

redeyecrazy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
KNOXVILLE
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye widebody
For a Wide Body I would run the 315/50R17 in a heartbeat. Not sure why you want to run that 18" tire unless you already have rims. Yes the Micky Thompson ET STREET R is the best choice for true streetability within limitations.
10-4 on the ET STREET R as long as you stay off of bridges in rainstorms!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #603
I am going to M A Y B E get the car back this Friday. A couple of interesting things. JW offered to get involved. Not sure if this helped or not. Still waiting on the last part to come in. A Driveshaft. I was also told that they cannot just go and get parts from anywhere. When the parts are sourced they have to reference my VIN. Might have something to do with the warranty approval process. I told them that I had access to a new car take out RedEye Driveshaft that was slightly used. I wanted to just get the car running so I could put some break in miles on it and that they could just swap it out when the new one came in. He said he would keep that in mind, but for for now the answer is no.

One other thing, they did want to verify that I was racing the car and even wanted to know what Race Track I broke on. They wanted to verify I was not doing anything abusive to the car.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Cool beans Ron,racing the weekend then🤟

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #605
OK, so I forced myself to wait till April to check on my Truck. Then I called over there and the truck was there. 8 Weeks and one Day. Not even sure when it actually arrived. Don't care. While I was there I checked on the Super Stock. Yes the Drive Shaft was delivered as planned and my Car was on the rack, all the new Parts still in Boxes laying on the Ground. Busted Diff, Axles and Driveshaft on the ground. Yes it broke that ear off as is typical. An hour or two after getting home with the Truck the Super Stock was ready to go! What are the odds............ I will get it in the morning after they wash it. I have TOO MUCH playing around to do with this Truck to do right now.
. 0401211215_HDR.jpg 0401211113b_HDR.jpg 0401211258_HDR.jpg 0401211304.jpg

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
A - nice truck
B - congrats on the SS being back in one piece

Good luck with them both. (y)

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I am going to M A Y B E get the car back this Friday. A couple of interesting things. JW offered to get involved. Not sure if this helped or not. Still waiting on the last part to come in. A Driveshaft. I was also told that they cannot just go and get parts from anywhere. When the parts are sourced they have to reference my VIN. Might have something to do with the warranty approval process. I told them that I had access to a new car take out RedEye Driveshaft that was slightly used. I wanted to just get the car running so I could put some break in miles on it and that they could just swap it out when the new one came in. He said he would keep that in mind, but for for now the answer is no.

One other thing, they did want to verify that I was racing the car and even wanted to know what Race Track I broke on. They wanted to verify I was not doing anything abusive to the car.[/
OK, so I forced myself to wait till April to check on my Truck. Then I called over there and the truck was there. 8 Weeks and one Day. Not even sure when it actually arrived. Don't care. While I was there I checked on the Super Stock. Yes the Drive Shaft was delivered as planned and my Car was on the rack, all the new Parts still in Boxes laying on the Ground. Busted Diff, Axles and Driveshaft on the ground. Yes it broke that ear off as is typical. An hour or two after getting home with the Truck the Super Stock was ready to go! What are the odds............ I will get it in the morning after they wash it. I have TOO MUCH playing around to do with this Truck to do right now.
. View attachment 40620 View attachment 40621 View attachment 40622 View attachment 40623
nice looking truck Ron! Should pull that SS no problem!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Nice RIG!!! Good to hear the Challenger is coming home soon too! Are you going to race it again soon, break it in, add a diff brace?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
. View attachment 40620 View attachment 40621 View attachment 40622 View attachment 40623
Looks like you have lots of room to sleep in that thing!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm curious on the addition of a brace as well, or worry this will be a recurring theme.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #611
I'm curious on the addition of a brace as well, or worry this will be a recurring theme.
Honestly, I think it had more to do with the Track Prep than anything else. I am not sure how I am going to deal with it next January.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Honestly, I think it had more to do with the Track Prep than anything else. I am not sure how I am going to deal with it next January.
Did you have one on the Demon Ron?

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Ron get the P4D brace you’ll be glad you did! It’s way better than trashing the underside of your car. You’re going to pay out of your pocket for a rear end but better than destroying your beautiful SS jmo! Wheels up!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ron get the P4D brace you’ll be glad you did! It’s way better than trashing the underside of your car. You’re going to pay out of your pocket for a rear end but better than destroying your beautiful SS jmo! Wheels up!
Agreed. The diff isn't crazy money in the US.
So if they decide to not cover it the cost isn't crazy.
If you don't use a brace and the diff let's go taking out a bunch of other stuff. That can get expensive quick if they decide to not cover it. Think floor work brake,fuel lines, exhaust and so on.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I look at the Per4mance brace and cradle bushings as support pieces. Not even mods in that sense. They are just there to ‘limit’ drivetrain damage when doing what we do at the track. The cascade of damage that can occur is just not worth protecting the warranty on a cheap differential. The cradle lockouts are the best insurance to keep from busting your trans. When you put on the slicks and start running 1.3x sixtys, it’s just a matter of how long you’re going to get away with it. I think another consideration (even if the parts are warrantied) is the down time to go through that procedure. A diff can be replaced in a day. How much is that worth vs months of waiting when the weather is right and you would like to be at the track?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #616

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
No, I did not have a brace on the Demon.
I know you hurt some diff's with the Demon. Did you tear the ears off any of them like with your SS?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #618
I look at the Per4mance brace and cradle bushings as support pieces. Not even mods in that sense. They are just there to ‘limit’ drivetrain damage when doing what we do at the track. The cascade of damage that can occur is just not worth protecting the warranty on a cheap differential. The cradle lockouts are the best insurance to keep from busting your trans. When you put on the slicks and start running 1.3x sixtys, it’s just a matter of how long you’re going to get away with it. I think another consideration (even if the parts are warrantied) is the down time to go through that procedure. A diff can be replaced in a day. How much is that worth vs months of waiting when the weather is right and you would like to be at the track?
That down time is a bitch. I missed out on a lot of great DA around here. Better than I can recall.......

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #619
I know you hurt some diff's with the Demon. Did you tear the ears off any of them like with your SS?
One ruined the bias and started one legging and another busted on the hit also on 808 mode (VS the SS on 807). The one on the Demon that busted seemed to do it more from spreading the case apart. The SS absolutely broke the ears off and never leaked one drop of oil.

DEMON:
. 0208191036.jpg

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I always attributed those case explosions to the Demon case heat treat. It seems to me that they clearly passed the point where harder = stronger and clearly got into the too hard = brittle point.

IMO, the ears breaking off is just poor engineering. Thus the reason the P4D makes sense..

This all reminds me that the diff in my '19 is an actual Demon unit and has a lot of runs on it by now. I may need to do something about that before I run it anymore.