Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #621
I've got to get this over with.........

0404211515.jpg

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I've got to get this over with.........

View attachment 40857

So you pulled on it like you didn't care...but of course you really did LOL Looks like it came off clean, think it will go back on easy? Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #624
It will be WAY easier to install. Just get a few clips lined up and then work your way around slamming it on. Start out at the bumper cover because there is a tab that you must engauge/force. Removing : the trick is to get first couple clips popped and then it is easy enough grab it and to work your way around. The initial pop was at 10 or 11 O-Clock. Pushing a trim tool up in there and prying from the lower side inside the wheel well. I tried just pulling on it and that would not work at all! Maybe I was grabbing too much and including the wheel well liner. Not sure. The last part was releasing at the front/bumper cover with that pesky tab. I was fighting that and the whole rest of the Flare was flailing around and I was worried about scratching the car. A helper would have been great at that moment.

The painter has it now. I have known him for 30 years and trust him 100%.

0404211516.jpg

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Kinda crude looking but I guess it works !

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #626
Well, I was looking at my car today and I noticed the Teeth were all crooked. I think 10 weeks of chomping at the bit will cause this. So, I took her to the orthodontist and afterward she came out with a couple of braces on her.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #627
Finally got this car to Irwindale last night for the very first time. We have a new Person prepping the track and he knows what he is doing. The track surface at the starting line was the best I have ever seen it. Add that to these big honking Hoosier DBR's and the car dead hooked on every pass. When they first started running at 5PM it was still pretty hot outside. Maybe 80 deg. First pass I did not get a time slip. Then it ran a 6.57. 6.55 and 6.56 before Dinner. After I ate and the sun went down, it had cooled off quite a bit and the car had cooled down. So, around 9 PM it ran a PB for the night at 6.465 @ 107.84 with a 1.412 sixty foot. Then 18 minutes later fully warmed up it ran a 6.49 with a 1.420 sixty.
. IRWINDALE 4-8-2021 9 to 915PM.jpg

Last edited:

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Finally got this car to Irwindale last night for the very first time. We have a new Person prepping the track and he knows what he is doing. The track surface at the starting line was the best I have ever seen it. Add that to these big honking Hoosier DBR's and the car dead hooked on every pass. When they first opened at 5PM it was still pretty hot outside. Maybe 80 deg. First pass I did not get a time slip. Then it ran a 6.57. 6.55 and 6.56 before Dinner. After I ate and the sun went down, it had cooled off quite a bit and the car had cooled down. So, around 9PM it ran a PB for the night at 6.465 @ 107.84 with a 1.412 sixty foot. Then 18 minutes later fully warmed up it ran a 6.49 with a 1.420 sixty.
. View attachment 41161
Nice work Ron!!👍
I'm looking forward to seeing how it does throughout the year.
Come on lottery I need one of these 😂😂

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
That's great news about Irwindale! It's rare these days to find a track that's actually moving in the right direction. I found the exact opposite at Music City Tuesday evening. They had to delay the start of open time trials because they didn't even have enough employees to run the place. The RFC guy ended up running the staging lanes and the wife of the couple that owns/runs the place was the only person working the concession stand. I knew the start line would be "less than stellar" when I backed in the water and there was a 4wd truck staging and a minivan beside me. lol
Great et's out of the SS too! Sounds like a fun outing.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #630
OK, so I was doing some Trailer Maintinance since I finally got the Truck in. Adjusting and greasing the Axle bearings and found a bad Hub Seal. Once I was done, I decided to pull the trailer around empty, as slowly as possible for that second step in the break-in process. Supposed to be < 50MPH for the first 500 miles of towing. The Truck is meeting all my expectations. It's super quiet. I can tell it has more Power and the lower gear ratio seem worthwhile. Unloaded it gets into 6th gear at 42 MPH accelerating gently. It sure seems like it is calibrated to hold gears way better than the 2018 Ram 3500 that I had. It will pull from 900 RPM in 6th if you are patient. I also put it in cruise control at 55 towing the Trailer and it went up a gentle hill without downshifting that most certaily would have downshifted the last truck. My bed in the back is all figured out. I went from 31" wide to 52" and since it is lower I increased the size of my foam by one inch (3"). The Transmission does shift way better and it locks the converter faster/harder. The old Truck would soft lock the converter over a period from 33 to 35 MPH and it would de fuel and I hated that. It feels like it is slipping. This truck does not do that.

Ok, so I ordered the Auto Leveling Rear Air Suspension. It rides really good compared to my last Truck. I was shocked to find out with the trailer hooked up empty it could not achieve the "Alternate Ride Height" due to lack of Payload. So at normal height the truck has about 2" of rake and I assume the alternate height levels the truck. Since I actually LIKE the truck to have some rake I adjusted the ball mount to level the trailer somewhat and I think I am going to run the normal height all the time. If the truck is going to maintain the ball height steady I think loading the car is going to lower the back of the trailer substantially. So for now the Trailer is ass end high.

After saying all that, I assume I will have a better ride running normal ride height while towing since the Truck will be more substantially supported by, and up on the Air Bags more. Maybe I will be giving up some stability not being down more on the mechanical springs, but so far it is fine. No stability issues. On big whoop-de-doos I can feel the truck come down on the mechanical springs but it is not harsh.

Pleasure Tow?

. 0419211505a.jpg

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #631
OK, so I loaded the car in the Trailer today. For, the mother of all trips, soon.

I think I have decided on the next to the final option for tying the Car Down. I bought 2 "Running End with Wire Hook" (TieDown Ends) from Macs Tie Downs. I saw Bo's method and I wanted to try it. But I ended up going to the bottom of the Control arm instead. It wraps around the Exhaust less and is a more direct straight shot. Maybe a little more likely to fall out if they get loose. Right now I am using Compact J hooks in the Front and I even figured out that these will work when Cross tied instead of more straight front to back. But if I ever order from Macs again I am going to get a second set of "Running End with Wire Hook" for the Front because I think they will work in the front as well using that same hole/method.

FRONT :

. 0428211037.jpg 0428211038.jpg 0428211038a.jpg

REAR:

. 0428211029.jpg 0428211026.jpg 0428211027b.jpg 0428211027.jpg

https://parts.ectts.com/compact-j-hook-with-link-ectts/

https://www.raceramps.com/ramps/p/rr-tm-frt/

https://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/...3&_sid=908cc95dc&_ss=r&variant=32334623473738

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Where is this "mother of all trips" taking you?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #633
So far MSHS at the Rock May 15/16 including the T&T on the 14th. The night before on the 13th I am thinking Virginia Motorsports Park "Take it off the Streets" (Street Legal Drags). And the Following Thursday the 20th at the House of Hook Shootout/T&T. And then there is Marc with his brand new Drag Pack down in Florida he should have by then (I hope). I am going to bug him to rent the Track for "some Testing", Maybe on the 18th or 19th. If he has the car and he will rent the track, I WILL be there. I might even leave my car in the trailer and just watch.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
So far MSHS at the Rock May 15/16 including the T&T on the 14th. The night before on the 13th I am thinking Virginia Motorsports Park "Take it off the Streets" (Street Legal Drags). And the Following Thursday the 20th at the House of Hook Shootout/T&T. And then there is Marc with his brand new Drag Pack down in Florida he should have by then (I hope). I am going to bug him to rent the Track for "some Testing", Maybe on the 18th or 19th. If he has the car and he will rent the track, I WILL be there. I might even leave my car in the trailer and just watch.
Cool. We've been pretty busy lately but it looks like we may be able to make the MSHS event too.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
OK, so I loaded the car in the Trailer today. For, the mother of all trips, soon.

I think I have decided on the next to the final Option for tying the Car Down. I bought 2 "Running End with Wire Hook" (TieDown Ends) from Macs Tie Downs. I saw Bo's method and I wanted to try it. But I ended up going to the bottom of the Control arm instead. It wraps around the Exhaust less and is a more direct straight shot. Maybe a little more likely to fall out if they get loose. Right now I am using Compact J hooks in the Front and I even figured out that these will work when Cross Tyed instead of more straight front to back. But if I ever order from Macs again I am going to get a second set of "Running End with Wire Hook" for the Front because I think they will work in the front as well using that same hole/method.

FRONT :

. View attachment 42793 View attachment 42794 View attachment 42795

REAR:

. View attachment 42796 View attachment 42797 View attachment 42800 View attachment 42798

https://parts.ectts.com/compact-j-hook-with-link-ectts/

https://www.raceramps.com/ramps/p/rr-tm-frt/

https://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/...3&_sid=908cc95dc&_ss=r&variant=32334623473738
Nice looking brace there! And it saves on rear ends!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #636
Nice looking brace there! And it saves on rear ends!
Look closer : B R A C E S

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I saw that too, what did you go with there and I'm not seeing anything other than the diff brace? What else did you do? Good luck on the trip and races. So how did the paint work on the front fender flare come out?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Look closer : B R A C E S
I noticed you had front and back. My front one is going on this weekend

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #640
I saw that too, what did you go with there and I'm not seeing anything other than the diff brace? What else did you do? Good luck on the trip and races. So how did the paint work on the front fender flare come out?
The paint work on the Flare turned out OK. It's not perfect but he did it quick and it is WAY better than that ugly mess before. It actually gouged the paint, more than just a scrape/paint transfer. If it was just paint transfer I might have just buffed it out and lived with it......

Installing the flare was super easy. Just start out at the bumper cover and be sure to engauge that tab along with the first pins and you are good to go. Only other thing to look out for is at 12 o clock you need to press upward on the flimsy plastic wheel tub to make sure it is above the flare as you slam it on.

The splitter got messed up a little and I was going to replace that too. But I ended up wet block sanding it with some 1000 grit. You cannot see the damage now unless you get down on your knees and maybe feel it with your finger tips. I am going to call that good.

You can see the front Brace in the one pic if you look close..........