Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #261
I thought they went to pink splitter protectors, I would complain;)
Pink? God no..............

I knew that literally on "day 2" I would be switching to the Skinnies and would probably never mount the OEM tires on the front again. At least not any time soon. So I took my SLR to the dealer with me with the plan on taking good Delivery Pics on the way home. But I was running out of daylight. Removing the splitter protector is a 5 minute deal but I did not want to mess with the dealer and could not do it myself at the time. So I have these great pics with a black eye. Well, at least not a "pink eye".

Since I live close to the best Dodge Dealer in the US I have only driven it about 9 miles so far. But I am pretty sure it has Hellcat springs. First passes will be on Dec 5th in Bakersfield. Then I will be DA hunting in TEXAS after that in January. Irwindale is shut down for the next 6 weeks for a Christmas light 3 mile long drive through show. Something like 20 Million Lights. It sucks but will help the track stay open the rest of the year. Perfect timing though.

Also, I was at Irwindale yesterday racing Jim's Demon and the Dealership Shop Foreman was there. He confirmed with me that the car was Enclosed Truck Transported. He said he was told that it was in a "Reliable type truck" but it was Black and there were more cars in there after they unloaded my car.

And that brings up another Question : Was my car shipped that way because it was flagged as a "show/test vehicle" or do all the Super Stocks get the Viper/Demon enclosed delivery?

Last edited:

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Have the trans shift issues been solved in the SS. Beautiful car Ron!!

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #263

A of couple day 2 pics.

. 1116201237_HDR.jpg DSCN3006.JPG DSCN3002.JPG

Last edited:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Beautiful car, congratulations! I'm also interested in whether Dodge has gotten rid of the trans shift hiccup. Are your front skinnies DOT approved? Do you plan to break in the drivetrain with 500 street miles before hitting the strip?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #265
Drum Roll..................

Front Suspension is all Hellcat Widebody. NOT Demon.
1115201421.jpg 1115201446.jpg 1115201446_HDR.jpg 1115201420a.jpg 1115201420_HDR.jpg

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Actually the Mexicans make the car special. :p
and the Germans make the car shift like hell. What is that you Americans actually do for these cars??:p

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #269
Beautiful car, congratulations! I'm also interested in whether Dodge has gotten rid of the trans shift hiccup. Are your front skinnies DOT approved? Do you plan to break in the drivetrain with 500 street miles before hitting the strip?
Those front tires are the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR and they are 100% street capable. I could drive across the country on them. The reason I put them on right away is to minimize the paint chips from the wide front OEM 315's trowing up Rocks. That setup is so good, many times I forget I am driving on a skinny. It also steers easier.

One thing you need to know is the car is always going to hiccup on the street. Even the Demons do this and there have been multiple threads on this with people complaining. Only way to get rid of it on the street would be to short shift every gear by 500-1000 RPM. Then the car would be much slower on the drag strip or in situations where the traction was greater.

I am planning on 300 city street miles over multiple trips before I race. All you really need is for the Transmission to break in a little, and learn, to refine the shifts and you need the Differential Gears to break in. The Engine is already broken in at the Engine Assembly Plant before the car is built. Also the brake pads need to seat in gently so the stop and go city driving should do this. Then the Drag Strip will finish the process.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Then the Drag Strip will finish the process.
:):):) That's it, break it in like you're planning to keep it!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #272
I was thinking that we were assuming that before, no? From the slower claimed 1/4 et's than an 808 Demon I was thinking the suspension had to part of the reason why.
Yes I was thinking it would have Hellcat Springs etc. But did not know for sure.

I was thinking the difference between the cars times has more to do with a record time and the way the cars were setup and track prep 9.95 on 808 VS an "expected everybody can do it" time 10.5 on 807 average track prep and DA.

I bet literally every Super Stock out there will do a 10.5. and I highly doubt more than 5 or 10% of the Demons will do 9.65 on the 840 (or the 9.95 on 808).

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Yes I was thinking it would have Hellcat Springs etc. But did not know for sure.

I was thinking the difference between the cars times has more to do with a record time and the way the cars were setup and track prep 9.95 on 808 VS an "expected everybody can do it" time 10.5 on 807 average track prep and DA.

I bet literally every Super Stock out there will do a 10.5. and I highly doubt more than 5 or 10% of the Demons will do 9.65 on the 840 (or the 9.95 on 808).
I agree. But you would also think that squishy Demon suspension had to be key. Im just typing out loud here anyway. Curious to see how you make out.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #274

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Those front tires are the Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR and they are 100% street capable. I could drive across the country on them. The reason I put them on right away is to minimize the paint chips from the wide front OEM 315's trowing up Rocks. That setup is so good, many times I forget I am driving on a skinny. It also steers easier.

One thing you need to know is the car is always going to hiccup on the street. Even the Demons do this and there have been multiple threads on this with people complaining. Only way to get rid of it on the street would be to short shift every gear by 500-1000 RPM. Then the car would be much slower on the drag strip or in situations where the traction was greater.

I am planning on 300 city street miles over multiple trips before I race. All you really need is for the Transmission to break in a little, and learn, to refine the shifts and you need the Differential Gears to break in. The Engine is already broken in at the Engine Assembly Plant before the car is built. Also the brake pads need to seat in gently so the stop and go city driving should do this. Then the Drag Strip will finish the process.
I don't have the hiccup on the street, it's on the track where it does it. We discussed it a bit on another thread. Let us know how that S/S does compared to your RE.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #276
I don't have the hiccup on the street, it's on the track where it does it. We discussed it a bit on another thread. Let us know how that S/S does compared to your RE.
Oh, sorry. For a 19 the way to fix a hiccup : #1 Better prep, including down track. #2 better/best tires set at the proper pressure & proper burnout. #3 Reset the TCM & PCM adaptives. I would be surprised if it hiccups after that providing it's the stock tune/power.

I will surely talk about the effectivness of the Super Stock Programming. After all, that is the #1 reason I bought this car. I want to go balls out with the stock tune and no hiccups. That should equal a good number being put up on the board. Always a priority every time I stage my car.

Last edited:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Oh, sorry. For a 19 the way to fix a hiccup : #1 Better prep, including down track. #2 better/best tires set at the proper pressure & proper burnout. #3 Reset the TCM & PCM adaptives. I would be surprised if it hiccups after that providing it's the stock tune/power.

I will surely talk about the effectivness of the Super Stock Programming. After all, that is the #1 reason I bought this car. I want to go balls out with the stock tune and no hiccups. That should equal a good number being put up on the board. Always a priority every time I stage my car.
What if it has the same hiccup?😱

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

10.5 should be a bad pass on the SS. I am thinking 9.99-10.4 will be the spot most will run with good prep, good DA.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
and the Germans make the car shift like hell. What is that you Americans actually do for these cars??:p
We made it happen. :cool:

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #280
What if it has the same hiccup?😱
Then I am going to tune it. I already have an unlocked 2020 RedEye PCM, Z-Automotive Double bypass cable, and the HP Tuners MPVI2 tool and all the software loaded on my Laptop Etc. I will just have Mike@OST lower the offending shift points.

This is exactly what I was doing with the Frostbite Car. Then something more interesting and cool came out that I wanted more and I thought would work better out of the box.