Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jared's 2015 Challenger Hellcat Build

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Yes the Terminator will work. Once you remove all the CM’s it’s just another engine. You need to go on the Holley site and read about the different systems. The difference is the number of input and outputs the ECU has. The Max for example compared to the base Terminator, can control a electronic throttle body where the base unit can’t. If you are going to run a cable TB then that doesn’t matter. If you run a Dominator, it won’t work a VVT cam. You’ll have to lock it. If you are going race car where you will be employing sensors and triggers for the dozens of things that drag cars use to get down the track, then the Dominator is worth the money. While the Dominator is a thousand times more capable, the Terminators will work. As I said before… our blue car is running the Terminator because when it was being switched from the Hellcrate ECU it was using, the Dominator was backordered with no availability date. That car is still using the Terminator and is making over 1400whp. Personally with what I see you are building… I would recommend the Dominator. Those things have forever value in the world of drag racing. You could run a Pro Mod with one. The lower models are just street stuff by comparison.
Thank you for the feedback. Now I have important decisions to make.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thank you for the feedback. Now I have important decisions to make.
. Yep. Important decisions are a part of the never ending deal. Budget constraints and compromises are a part if it. One of those decisions involves looking at stuff from a forward perspective. Using the higher cost of that Dominator as an example. It’s more money up front but it keeps its value because of it’s unlimited capability. It has high demand and resale value that the lesser stuff doesn’t. It is very straight forward as far as tuning goes (they all are) but the capabilities are astounding. It’s really the foundation of what you will be able to do for power management and traction control as the years go by. You will never find yourself wanting to do something and not being able to. One example…. Not something that you will need to consider now but, we’re looking at traction control as the big challenge because making tons of power is easy. Getting it down the track on anything other than max prep is not. If you ever watch the 275 Radial (small tire) cars that run 4 second 1/8 mile times and wonder how they do that. It doesn’t look possible. We will be installing what’s called a converter dump in my T400. I won’t bother to try to explain that but that’s one of the things they use at that level. Dominator ECU…. No problem.

Last edited:
OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #103
@Marc W I know you’re big on safety so you might already have this set up. I saw a guy mention they have a yaw sensor hooked into their Dominator that will auto deploy the parachute if the car gets too bent out of shape. That was one of the things that really opened my eyes as to what you can do with those things with some out of the box thinking.

As you mentioned traction control is another big one and I like the idea of using ride height sensors at all 4 corners to keep an eye on what the suspension is doing.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
@Marc W I know you’re big on safety so you might already have this set up. I saw a guy mention they have a yaw sensor hooked into their Dominator that will auto deploy the parachute if the car gets too bent out of shape. That was one of the things that really opened my eyes as to what you can do with those things with some out of the box thinking.

As you mentioned traction control is another big one and I like the idea of using ride height sensors at all 4 corners to keep an eye on what the suspension is doing.
That’s a good example of one of the unlimited things that it can do. I currently have laser ride hight, g-force and wheel speed sensors. We’ll be adding EGT’s for all cylinders. The Dominator can make individual cylinder adjustments based on temps. We are going to dual injectors (gives the option to go to Methanol in the future) and will manage each injector separately for start-up and WOT fuel flows. The yaw sensor deployment of the chute is a good example. It can also deploy on time or distance. The g-force sensor knows when you are at the finish line and can deploy the chute without needing to do anything.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Wow

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I really want it. Ill have to juggle some things around… Cage and suspension are priorities.

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #107
IMG_3402.jpeg

Just got this juicy bit of info from @ostmike ill probably start with this then move to a dominator ECU and sub harness when the time comes as it would be cool to have it be like factory style integration. I know it goes against my buy once cry once scenario, unless it can be paired with a Dominator right off the hop.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
View attachment 117919

Just got this juicy bit of info from @ostmike ill probably start with this then move to a dominator ECU and sub harness when the time comes as it would be cool to have it be like factory style integration. I know it goes against my buy once cry once scenario, unless it can be paired with a Dominator right off the hop.
Didn't demonology have a similar setup in his demon?

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #109
Didn't demonology have a similar setup in his demon?
I believe so, I’ve seen what has seemingly looked like plug and play setups from Holley running on cars but no official word from them on anything.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thats not a good thing for me considering when the season starts. I want to run at the beginning of the season. However if you get one look forward to seeing its implementation.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
View attachment 117919

@ostmike do you need a test mule? I'm willing to front the money in advance to be on the ground zero.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
@ostmike do you need a test mule? I'm willing to front the money in advance to be on the ground zero.
This system is already tested and ready for production. Contact us in the Spring - -we will be taking "pre-orders" once we have a confirmed date.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
View attachment 117919

This would be the setup to use for a car that you might want to keep intact for resale someday. I had not heard about this being in the works. This would allow you to just bypass all the nannies that get in the way with the OE computers. That being said…. I have yet to see any aftermarket thing like this get to market on time. I’ve become very pessimistic on expected availability dates. Good luck 👍🏼

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
This would be the setup to use for a car that you might want to keep intact for resale someday. I had not heard about this being in the works. This would allow you to just bypass all the nannies that get in the way with the OE computers. That being said…. I have yet to see any aftermarket thing like this get to market on time. I’ve become very pessimistic on expected availability dates. Good luck 👍🏼
It has been in the works for quite some time. I actually thought we would have them on the shelf earlier this year but as you indicated getting a final product to market like this in a timely manner is not common.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Looks like I’ve got a TH400 and everything required to swap it into the car.

I’ll get the rest of the build plan on paper this week and let you guys know where we are going with it…
Did you ever expand upon this? I'm currently shopping around for a th400. I've looked at what HHP sells and OST. HHP sells ATI. ATI is right down the road but they only sell the trans, also on HHP no other accessories are around. Not getting the warm and fuzzies about that. Reached out to OST and am awaiting an email based on some questions. Did you go with either of those vendors or another. I looked at Rossler but my gripe with them is their purchasing process.

As of 11-24-2022. McQuiston Motorsports Services LLC will be processing payment and shipping of all products bought through our Online Store and other Ecommerce sites. Rossler Transmissions Inc is not responsible for payments, returns, lost or damaged shipments. All returns and shipping inquiry’s are processed through the third party. Johnny Can be reached by Email JohnnyQmms@gmail.com
So I'm giving my money to a third party in hopes that trans gets built... yeah umm... no...

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Jeez. You guys never ask somebody who knows about this shit 😂. We just bought a new Rossler to replace a problem plagued 400 in the Magnum. Adam had a looong conversation with Carl Rossler about these things and the different “manufactures”. He was told by Carl that he would guarantee it will never break in that car. Period. He also said there are only two manufactures that are good by his standard. Him and Coan. The rest are just parts assemblers and not worth having if you want a trustworthy quality piece with support. I initially went through OST and they set me up with Coan. I have worked directly with one person at Coan since and it has been excellent. That thing works with no issues. Coan also makes super high end converters. Rossler works with Neil Chance in the converter dept. I have several friends who have had miserable experiences with a couple of the other trans brands. A proper built 400 and converter is heaven. Makes me smile to even think about it ☺️

Last edited:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Also…. You are going to want to talk with the builder. There are a number of options, including 1st and 2nd gear ratios to best match your rear gear and power to weight. Clean neutral valve body… yes. I recommend the Motion Raceworks shifter as the best now. The recent transaction with Rossler was over the phone. Took one week to get it with all the options.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL