Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My solution to the Demon170 allocation and ADM problem.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #221
I have a friend that owns a CDJR dealership in a non metro area, and this is how he and his team feel about it. They are performance vehicle enthusiasts, just like us. Dodge also gave them static on becoming a "Power Broker" even though they were fully prepared to make the investment required to do so. I buy a fair number of vehicles from these folks every year for my business, so if they were to get a shot at these Halo allocations, I would also have a chance at one. They dont do outrageous ADM's, they dont do "dealer fee's" they dont force $10k in dealer accessories on a buyer. Honest small town dealer getting the shaft, in contrast to a dealer in Tampa area getting 10 D170's at just one store, and putting a $200k ADM on each one. I like Dodge products, but really despise how they market them and treat their loyal dealers.

Sad.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Wait till next year, you may very well despise the dodge product as well as the way they treat us and your friendly neighborhood dealer.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Had to get my daughter to walk me through it. I think now I have it figured out. Must be a thing about being in the magical 70 years+ category!
I get it...I joined that club a month ago...;)

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
We have two significant problems with the Demon170

• Demon owners were lied to about Dodge never producing the Demon again.
  • Dealerships are abusing the Marketplace with ridiculous ADM

This plan will require a modest increase in planned production, but far less than previous years where HCs alone approached ~20,000-30,000 units.

~8,000-10,000 Demon170 units should do nicely

Demon owners get a voucher for access to EP pricing direct from Dodge (via the dealership of their choice). They get front of the line production scheduling. Their allocations come from the total units produced.​

This is as much as Dodge can, and should, do for reconciliation for their promise.

While I can't say for certain how many units would satisfy this demand, I would hazard 1,500-2,000 would get this done.

Demon owners have April to place their orders, This leaves May for the general public to place orders.

This leaves us with as many as 8,000 units for the open market. These get produced on a HONEST, MSRP first, higher sales prices LAST.​

This should bring the ADM into check, for the two obvious reasons, increased production/availability, AND the very REAL threat of a lost sale because 31Dec23 rolls around and all of the consequences that go with that.

If Dodge doesn't want to completely burn its bridges, they essentially have little choice to do SOMETHING, this idea, or something, but doing nothing is a problem.

If Dodge thinks they are immune to the forces of their base customers, I believe they will find out the hard way. There are plenty of examples of other companies that have felt the wrath of customers, FOR FAR LESS THAN THIS...
here's one they might still have time to make work. set aside 10% of the planned production for direct sale. offer the first to original Demon owners, who still own their car and can produce a time slip, or video of a pass or two [or laps for the road course folks]. followed by SS owners, then Demon/SS 2nd owners, then all other HC powered vehicles, same rule, time slip or video. and limit the options to color and graphics, wheels, seat covering, and seat belts. maybe allow the trunk insert. absolutely no orders accepted in this group with back seats, speakers in the trunk, sunroofs, etc. just to make sure a few get out into the world, unruined by stealership bumbasses

edit: these would be guaranteed builds, delivered where you want it. followed by dealer orders only if time and resources permit

another edit: maybe a mass delivery at a track or tracks, similar to what was done with the IE SRT10's in '04 [all white with blue stripe]

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
How'd you like to be a Dodge dealer in a small demographic area, busting your ass slogging along for years/decades selling Dodge, Ram, Chrysler etc. And then not ever getting an allocation for the Halo special models like the Last Call cars? Cars 1 - 6 went to the top 300 Dodge dealers. D170, not sure what reasoning went into the way allocations were made there, but again, lot's of small dealers didnt get a single one, larger dealers got many. Dodge needs to treat the dealers in the small demographics better than this.
I can't say too much at the moment but someone has to pay for investments to sell certain cars...
https://www.electrive.com/2023/03/08/stellantis-appoints-vehya-to-help-us-dealers-get-ev-ready/

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have a friend that owns a CDJR dealership in a non metro area, and this is how he and his team feel about it. They are performance vehicle enthusiasts, just like us. Dodge also gave them static on becoming a "Power Broker" even though they were fully prepared to make the investment required to do so. I buy a fair number of vehicles from these folks every year for my business, so if they were to get a shot at these Halo allocations, I would also have a chance at one. They dont do outrageous ADM's, they dont do "dealer fee's" they dont force $10k in dealer accessories on a buyer. Honest small town dealer getting the shaft, in contrast to a dealer in Tampa area getting 10 D170's at just one store, and putting a $200k ADM on each one. I like Dodge products, but really despise how they market them and treat their loyal dealers.
I know who that dealer is.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I can't say too much at the moment but someone has to pay for investments to sell certain cars...
https://www.electrive.com/2023/03/08/stellantis-appoints-vehya-to-help-us-dealers-get-ev-ready/
Cars should be able to sell themselves, right?

Buick offered dealers that are not located in urban areas the chance to get out of the franchise for $500k if they didn't want to invest in the EV stuff like chargers etc.

Its pretty shitty that Dodge would price the Demon so low that dealers would use it as a financing tool to pay for their store upgrades.
Dodge should have just priced it at 150k then refunded the money back to the dealers. The optics would have looked so much better.

But I think its a little bullshit because 2 country stores by me got a 170 allocation but the big city store did not.
I'd think the store that is in a central location to 200k people would be more likely to sell a D170 vs the other 2 in smaller communities

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
E177A154-63B6-4D16-B74F-783601554E7C.png

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I am dreading this move. Dodge as we know it will be no more. Super sad. Get your 2023 before it's too late.
It’s there own fault, follow the money.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
HP locator updated again
Under 800 left

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Down to 787. While in there, I clicked through all the other Last Call models, and surprisingly, there are a lot of orders showing available. Makes me wonder how accurate the locator is, or conversely if the other Last Calls aren't exactly "flying off the shelves", or may be the slimy dealers are playing a game of chicken with all of them at the risk of many not getting built??

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #236
Down to 787. While in there, I clicked through all the other Last Call models, and surprisingly, there are a lot of orders showing available. Makes me wonder how accurate the locator is, or conversely if the other Last Calls aren't exactly "flying off the shelves", or may be the slimy dealers are playing a game of chicken with all of them at the risk of many not getting built??

I know for my local dealership which still shows there 2 allocations as available, that they are not.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Hard to fly off the shelves when dealers are holding them ransom.
I don't think they understand there is an actual hard cut off for these cars.

Koons with their 80+ hellcat allocations tried getting cute and advertised MSRP on 10 orders :rolleyes:

No one wants a 9 year old model on its death bed. Orders from those who wanted are already in.
Demon170 is the darling and it sounds like they are all spoken for.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
HP locator updated again
Under 800 left
According to dd numbers 2540…2806-2540=266 left!

Ignore the bs dodge tool

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
just sending an update as I saw it.

I know its way behind the times.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
These idiots in my area said they’re entertaining offers above 150 AMD I laughed in there faces.