Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My solution to the Demon170 allocation and ADM problem.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Going to be interesting a year or 2 from now and these same dealers will reach out to past customers like nothing happened:LOL:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
They sold their soul for 1 car

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Going to be interesting a year or 2 from now and these same dealers will reach out to past customers like nothing happened:LOL:
with ANTI-ADM DEEP DISCOUNTS this go around....

nOpE! F-off! :love:

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Cars should be able to sell themselves, right?

Buick offered dealers that are not located in urban areas the chance to get out of the franchise for $500k if they didn't want to invest in the EV stuff like chargers etc.

Its pretty shitty that Dodge would price the Demon so low that dealers would use it as a financing tool to pay for their store upgrades.
Dodge should have just priced it at 150k then refunded the money back to the dealers. The optics would have looked so much better.

But I think its a little bullshit because 2 country stores by me got a 170 allocation but the big city store did not.
I'd think the store that is in a central location to 200k people would be more likely to sell a D170 vs the other 2 in smaller communities
Bingo, very convenient the Demon was revealed the same week all the dealers just so happened to be together. But just give me some time, I keep collecting info about the the Demon's new "pricing" recommendations in Vegas and even Mr. Hendrick taking my allocation because of some nonsense that had nothing to do with me.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
@DodgeCares

You know, pass it along, thanks.
Now that you've fixed the ADM crisis, can you work on the orice of eggs?

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #246
Now that you've fixed the ADM crisis, can you work on the orice of eggs?

Let me get right on that...

; )

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Bingo, very convenient the Demon was revealed the same week all the dealers just so happened to be together. But just give me some time, I keep collecting info about the the Demon's new "pricing" recommendations in Vegas and even Mr. Hendrick taking my allocation because of some nonsense that had nothing to do with me.
You should make a video as well about how terribly inaccurate the HP locator has been.

Called a few dealers over the weekend about a 717hp order - nope. Nothing available even though one said 9 or 10 available.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
You should make a video as well about how terribly inaccurate the HP locator has been.

Called a few dealers over the weekend about a 717hp order - nope. Nothing available even though one said 9 or 10 available.
I wonder if they are just sitting on the orders until the last minute so they'll have one of the final builds? Not costing the dealer any money sitting on an allocation

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I wonder if they are just sitting on the orders until the last minute so they'll one of the final builds? Not costing the dealer any money sitting on an allocation
One dealer told me they took their remaining units and submitting them for stock.
Wanted to make sure they had them for this summer.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
One dealer told me they took their remaining units and submitting them for stock.
Wanted to make sure they had them for this summer.
I bet those last Demon 170's will be the same way. Dealer taking time to get desperate people until May 15th to get more money over the 100k ADM.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I bet those last Demon 170's will be the same way. Dealer taking time to get desperate people until May 15th to get more money over the 100k ADM.
Funny it worked the opposite in 2017....I called like 150 dealers on 9/17 (closing day)....I ended up getting it for 9K over at a dealership that had 5 allocations...sold the previous 4 for +50K and wanted a "bird in the hand" at less for the last car.

This time though I think Dealers are MUCH more confident (rightly or wrongly) that their showroom model in the fall can be marked up to the moon so to them there is no reason to go DOWN on adm near 5/15. This time maybe it goes UP further. Given so few allocations left to choose from that's their justification. That and playing on FOMO fear/ppl wanting to option it their way vs dealer stock way...