Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Road Course Videos

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Young has no fear! He did wax it. He also went through the ESS’s at goofy speed, he made some time through there for sure, and ripped 11-12 with absolutely not a care regarding the rough surface. Yep, that nets sub 1:50, great job. Your car is also working well, nice work there.
I saw 90 entering Turn 9 (bridge) on a Friday lap but I didn't drive the car enough to put it all together. Just did 2 sessions on Friday and took data, along with giving one of the instructors' daughter a thrill ride.
These tires work once you get the pressures right. This car is legitimately faster than it was just from the tires I think.
The brake pads still have some life after 3 days there too. We just kept on adding fuel each session and ran it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Spring Lake Park
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger Scat Pack
Here's a POV video of a Time Attack event I ran yesterday, I had TrackDay riding along instructing me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
You cats need to get signed up early for the Advanced group. I am instructing, so now driving in HPDE 4 with no point byes, pass anywhere safely. Emphasis on it is still not racing, so nasa drivers in 4 are quite courteous about not forcing passes in corners, etc while still driving to the best of our ability. Much more fun than having somebody that thinks they are faster than us holding us up due to no point by!
For those of you about to be snowed in, remember racetracks in FL are nice this time of year!

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
My best lap from Brainerd at the Audi Quattroberfest. Just so happened to catch a Cayman in the corners during that lap.
I see some real time left where I stayed in a higher gear for a few corners and was a little lazy with apexes as well. It was still my best lap ever on the track due to the higher speed in Turn 1 and 2 vs previous times at the track.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sebring last fall on damaged 315/35 PS4Ss (shoulders gone due to soft OE upper control arms not holding geometry, but with AAD arms installed.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Homestead Miami a couple weekends ago with fresh 315/30 PS4S tires and front AAD upper control arms ...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Homestead Miami a couple weekends ago with fresh 315/30 PS4S tires and front AAD upper control arms ...

What is your verdict? Hard to tell with different tracks?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #69
Love it! I want to see the same movies after you install that controller.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Sounds good! Are you having fun yet???

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sounds good! Are you having fun yet???
Holy moly this is the most fun I've had in a car so far. Racing would be funner, but this is amazing fun and super addictive. If I was filthy rich this would be my full time gig, then I'd be broke soon! These cars are a lot of mass but so much fun if you let it rip!

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Love it! I want to see the same movies after you install that controller.
I drove 5 hours last night to pick up a factory press for the cradle bushings, so in go the Whiteline poly bushings and AAD Drag Pack pieces today. Drag racing at NMCA Bradenton this weekend, but should have results from Sebring 15-16 APR if my schedule allows. I will also have the Diablosport suspension controller installed for these events. A little reluctant to pull the OE bushings and install the poly pieces, but one way to find out! Should be good!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #73
I drove 5 hours last night to pick up a factory press for the cradle bushings, so in go the Whiteline poly bushings and AAD Drag Pack pieces today. Drag racing at NMCA Bradenton this weekend, but should have results from Sebring 15-16 APR if my schedule allows. I will also have the Diablosport suspension controller installed for these events. A little reluctant to pull the OE bushings and install the poly pieces, but one way to find out! Should be good!
Bust those things off! Getting deeper into that throttle quicker coming out of the corners without the risk of those tires hopping will work! The controller is more easy and quicker to install than removing those three clips covering it in the trunk.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #74
Don’t forget to disconnect the battery!

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
What is your verdict? Hard to tell with different tracks?
Hey Bull, you must've taken dramamine!
Yes, those AAD upper control arms (UCAs) with the Spheriflex bushings. They are the ticket, but I recommend if doing autocross or road course, get the shorter ones to allow more negative camber. These are max'd and I think another -0.5° of neg camber would be better on my car with my driving style. They are a game changer for keeping the front geometry stable and not killing tires. With DGatzby's help I am about to the sweet spot for alignment and thus peak tire wear. I am going to set front toe closer to zero for Sebring next month.
The installation of those fronts are a PIA, unless there is a way to get to the rear mounting nuts I haven't found. They are a challenge to get to.
So as far as the two tracks- it is said Sebring has the most elevation change in the nation, but it is all 2" at a time. Man it is a rough track. I have watched well set up race Porsches in turn 17 with inside front tires bouncing 3-4" off the track. Homestead in comparison is glassy smooth, except for the dip in turn 10.
The Sebring video is my fastest captured lap so far, but I had driven the 315/35 PS4Ss there with the OE UCAs and in a weekend destroyed the outer shoulder of the new tires. (In comparison, the previous best with summer P-Zeros and OE UCAs was 8 seconds slower, but experience played a roll too) I then drove the 24 hrs of Daytona course for a weekend and had to flip the tires on the rims to be able to complete the weekend there, which destroyed the formerly inside shoulders, still with the OE UCAs. Bad choice, but that is what I did. So the OCT 21 Sebring video is with those tires missing a good inch of the inside and outside of the tread, but with the AAD bits installed and picked up a second over the previous best.
I know, buy tires! Well at about $2200 a set installed, I can only do that so often.
The Homestead video is with the AAD UCAs and new 315/30 PS4Ss installed, and more experience. The /35s raise the car a bit and I feel the /30s work way better on this car. These 315/30s are shorter than stock size, so lower the car slightly and unfortunately cause the speedo to be ~2-3 mph faster than actual. But man they work better, especially with the AAD pieces up front. The car is much more stable and more planted on track at speed. I had only driven Homestead one day prior, and that day was in a rental car, so still new to the track. It will be a good test next month if I can make Sebring with fairly fresh tires and the rear bits installed. Only variable at the test is I am getting more comfortable with the car on track, but it should be a significant improvement. There are some high speed turns on Sebring that are a little unnerving if the car feels skaty. It will be interesting to see if the lap times pick up significantly. Most folks that drive these cars will never know what they are capable of, and that's a shame. I have read many times about how awful these 4700lb cars are on track, and I know there are much better track cars and physics proves it. The C7 Z06 with Cup 2s I was keeping in sight weighs 3100lbs. But I am having a blast, the cars are beautiful and sound fantastic, so I'm good! My right front tire suffered the most, but still not bad after a full weekend. The right front is the tire with the most pics and wear. The left rear for comparison, but this like most tracks is left turns so rough on right side tires. Hopefully as the shoulder wear gets down to solid rubber they will last a while. 20220309_150214.jpg LRafterHomesteadstock.jpg 20220309_145724.jpg 20220309_104420.jpg

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #77
I have you all excited and you may have toasted it! Sorry about that.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Fronts came out in about 30 minutes, passenger side rear was a bitch 🤬 drivers side rear 30 minutes. Had it all done in 3-3.5 hours ! Can tell the difference. Make sure your cradle is as far “rear” as you can get it. 👍👍

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bust those things off! Getting deeper into that throttle quicker coming out of the corners without the risk of those tires hopping will work! The controller is more easy and quicker to install than removing those three clips covering it in the trunk.
Primary reason for any delay in throttle application is tire spin, no hopping at all on the road course. I got loose several times on Homestead. I find the car has to be almost straight to be able to squeeze on full throttle. I have had it break loose at 80mph more than once. Although slower, that last turn onto the front straight at Homestead was treacherous. Got sideways there a few times. Working on the line that gets me straight soonest.
Video is misleading with no numbers. Top speed at Homestead was 131, top speed at Sebring is 149 on thos videos. Shutting down from 149 going into turn 17 (a U-ish turn) is interesting with this beast. Screenshot_20220310-171638_TrackAddict.jpg Screenshot_20220311-170735_TrackAddict.jpg

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #80
Primary reason for any delay in throttle application is tire spin, no hopping at all on the road course. I got loose several times on Homestead. I find the car has to be almost straight to be able to squeeze on full throttle. I have had it break loose at 80mph more than once. Although slower, that last turn onto the front straight at Homestead was treacherous. Got sideways there a few times. Working on the line that gets me straight soonest.
Video is misleading with no numbers. Top speed at Homestead was 131, top speed at Sebring is 149 on thos videos. Shutting down from 149 going into turn 17 (a U-ish turn) is interesting with this beast. View attachment 66287 View attachment 66288
Agree, the steering wheel has not be nearly straight. Ha, you can start just a hair early with a little pressure. What am I saying, have not really driven since May! Give it a rip. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts after fixing the rear end.