Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Speedys Horsepower Prediction On The Last Hellcat

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I’m taking a hard pass on anything EV.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The bottom line for me.....they're not ready. People who adopt now will have a life of incompatibility, subscription services, and empty wallets. We're in that stage of early cell phones before things became commoditized and standard. That's not even considering hot rodding and modding cars.

I'd like to see some data on price per mile EV vs ICE removing any gubment payouts, which is a whole other issue that makes my blood boil, considering my time to charge, how much electricity is from clean renewable resources, including battery production, mining nickle, etc.

Bet that's hard to find

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I have to look at myself in the mirror every day and I want to have a reputation of being transparent. I think the CDM thing probably started off with good intention back in 2019 when the idea was conceived. Then COVID put it all on hold, Stellantis bought Dodge, and now it's electric cars. It went from a brand ambassador, which I would have been super interested in, to someone they want to promote the transition to electric cars which I'm not at all interested in. I've mentioned before they asked about how I felt about the electric car program several times and I was honest with my answers, while obviously being professional. My candid feedback was that they should have an electric car to have an offering in that segment, but replacing cars like Hellcat with an electric car wasn't a good idea. When they asked me if the $150K would impact my career decisions, I told them "no, I'll do it for free". That was before I realized what was going on though.

The Dodge folks at CDM kept mentioning the desire to work with all of us in other capacities. However, I've not heard a word from them, never heard back when I asked for some swag for ChallengerFest, and I don't think anyone else has heard form them either. They're only about 1/3 of the through the year, so maybe we'll hear from them.
Interesting. I thinknfrom other corporate machines that you are spot on. The pos was green lighted, then covid and stellantis happened, and then the program was altered and backing became only half hearted with multiple competing objectives which actually hobble the whole program.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The elephant in the room is the hundreds of millions of dollars the government is giving these companies to go green. Those are our tax dollars. Why is everyone afraid to tell the truth. EV's should be called LEV. EV's like everything else on the liberal agenda, it'a all about control.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Oh there is a line or two in that bill that will kick off BILLIONS of dollars of projects because of tax write-off’s. It has some very important wording that some of us hope stays in the bill. I hate to say that. But what the fuck, if a game is going to be played we might as well play it if we understand it. Granted it will indeed help the entire “green” movement. But it will create a very large demand for some fundamental construction workers, equipment and materials (mostly rebar and pipe manufactured in the USA) and maintain inflationary pressures due to the stupid previous infrastructure package of bullshit projects.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #166
Oh there is a line or two in that bill that will kick off BILLIONS of dollars of projects because of tax write-off’s. It has some very important wording that some of us hope stays in the bill. I hate to say that. But what the fuck, if a game is going to be played we might as well play it if we understand it. Granted it will indeed help the entire “green” movement. But it will create a very large demand for some fundamental construction workers, equipment and materials (mostly rebar and pipe manufactured in the USA) and maintain inflationary pressures due to the stupid previous infrastructure package of bullshit projects.
It's the " anti carbon" movement which is the building block of all life on this planet.
First thing to go is all plant life and all oxygen dependant life immediately follows as we all suffocate.
Just another genocide which keeps repeating itself.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #167
It's the " anti carbon" movement which is the building block of all life on this planet.
First thing to go is all plant life and all oxygen dependant life immediately follows as we all suffocate.
Just another genocide which keeps repeating itself.
@Paladin06 you should do your own research.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #169
I promise I will if, you stop worrying about death. Deal?
I'm not. I'm focused on protecting my family.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
David your problem is going to be sitting under the sun all day with me and P this winter:p
You can’t dress like an oil baron either and cover yourself!

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #171
David your problem is going to be sitting under the sun all day with me and P this winter:p
You can’t dress like an oil baron either and cover yourself!
I'm going to wear my Florida man hat.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
The elephant in the room is the hundreds of millions of dollars the government is giving these companies to go green. Those are our tax dollars. Why is everyone afraid to tell the truth. EV's should be called LEV. EV's like everything else on the liberal agenda, it'a all about control.
And yet oil companies (oil companies??) are still getting subsidies as well. After 150 years I think they can stand on their own. How about NO handouts for ANY industry? That's a stance I can get behind...

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
And yet oil companies (oil companies??) are still getting subsidies as well. After 150 years I think they can stand on their own. How about NO handouts for ANY industry? That's a stance I can get behind...
How about no hand outs period including, I don’t want to pay for some snowflakes college education.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
How about no hand outs period including, I don’t want to pay for some snowflakes college education.

Social Security doesn't bother me

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #175
It's not a handout but it's not an equitable program. Gubberment makes all the money and only gives back a small percentage.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's a not hand out when they give you back your money brother.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's not a handout but it's not an equitable program. Gubberment makes all the money and only gives back a small percentage.
Because they spent it including the interest.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
https://fordauthority.com/2022/08/f...ev-transition-occurring-faster-than-expected/

Ford stating the EV switch is happening faster than anticipated.
Im sure by 2030, EVs will hold at least 1/3 of the market. Depending on gas prices, it may take over or everything might balance out.

The big 3 American car makers are all ditching gas powered cars by 2035. I can see the next move to get people off of ICE is either outlawing gasoline or taxing it through the roof that you don't want it.

Even then, GM at least is selling EV engine swap kit for older cars. So if I have to go EV, its still going to be a hot rod

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
https://fordauthority.com/2022/08/f...ev-transition-occurring-faster-than-expected/

Ford stating the EV switch is happening faster than anticipated.
Im sure by 2030, EVs will hold at least 1/3 of the market. Depending on gas prices, it may take over or everything might balance out.

The big 3 American car makers are all ditching gas powered cars by 2035. I can see the next move to get people off of ICE is either outlawing gasoline or taxing it through the roof that you don't want it.

Even then, GM at least is selling EV engine swap kit for older cars. So if I have to go EV, its still going to be a hot rod
With all the old ICE cars out there I don’t see them outlawing gas but I can see them taxing it to the point where most won’t be able to drive them on a daily basis. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit☹️

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #180
All of this shit is only going to happen if you allow it.