Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks again buddy for looking that up. I’m also thinking about getting the ZL1 side skirts.

@22MoparMuscle, I checked and it looks like the JLTs are discontinued for the widebodies and the MOPAR ones are likely for standard bodies only (there's no fit annotation in the accessory catalog). Rokblokz does have a current offering in different styles and colors that might work for y'all...

https://rokblokz.com/collections/do...allenger-narrow-widebody-2008-rally-mud-flaps

I've used them on my Can Am Maverick X3 UTV and my Jeep Gladiator and they're perfect for those, I'd personally go with their splash guard as opposed to rally style for the Challenger though.

View attachment 83611

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
@22MoparMuscle

https://rokblokz.com/collections/do...allenger-narrow-widebody-2008-rally-mud-flaps

I've used them on my Can Am Maverick X3 UTV and my Jeep Gladiator and they're perfect for those, I'd personally go with their splash guard as opposed to rally style for the Challenger though.

View attachment 83611
Why, do you think the Rally Style are too big like mud flaps? They are a little too big but idk. Lol.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
@22MoparMuscle, it's a totally subjective/personal choice of course; I do like the rally style on Subarus and some tuner-style cars but I prefer the splash guard style on the Challenger. You can get quite funky with Rokblokz with their colors, etc. When I installed them on my Gladiator Mojave their orange logo was a near perfect match for the factory...

With that being said you'd think I have some kind of orange theme going on but nope; it's a factory color scheme and it looks good on both the Jeep and the Challenger. Bringing it out with small, attention to detail related odds and ends balances it out without being too extreme. On the Challenger the smoke show with black wheels and orange calipers is what caught our eye so we're just expanding on that, the only thing I need to figure out now is how to black out the Dodge logo on the rear tail-light assembly...

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks again buddy for looking that up. I’m also thinking about getting the ZL1 side skirts.
You're welcome and sorry I missed this and I'm replying again, not trying to up my post count!

My goal with the ZL1 Add Ons (which I stole the idea from @Paladin06) was primarily for protection but also for cosmetics. It's JUST low profile enough to be effective doing both of those jobs and it's relatively short money too. It's likewise a balance with their aero-related bits too. I like their other parts/body kit, like the rear diffuser, but I'm going for the less is more theme and trying not to go overboard on any one particular element. Maybe I'm overthinking it but it's been what I've done with my cars/trucks/Jeeps/buggies/motorcycles/garden tractors/lawn mowers forever!

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Had a nice little 4th gear pull (70-140+) with a fancy r8 this morning. We were neck and neck, but I started pulling on him at the top of 4th and let off just before the shift. I think I surprised him. Made my day😃

Last edited:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Had a nice little 4 gear pull (70-140+) with a fancy r8 this morning. We were neck and neck, but I started pulling on him at the top of 4th and let off just before the shift. I think I surprised him. Made my day😃
Having fun with the Cruzin the Coast participants?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Having fun with the Cruzin the Coast participants?
I really wanted to do Gautier today but we have family in town and my moms cooking right when they’re doing it. I’ll prob go downtown os next sat tho. You?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I really wanted to do Gautier today but we have family in town and my moms cooking right when they’re doing it. I’ll prob go downtown os next sat tho. You?
Was thinking of the Mopar get together on the 6th, but it's all the way down at the train depot in Bay St Luis, so still haven't decided.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Had a nice little 4th gear pull (70-140+) with a fancy r8 this morning. We were neck and neck, but I started pulling on him at the top of 4th and let off just before the shift. I think I surprised him. Made my day😃
Top of 4th! That is about the point where it gets interesting, it was about to get ugly for him anyway.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
I love the torque in 4th gear. In my 717 hp HC.

You guys that driven both the 707/717 and 797 or 807hp. Does it feel like a big difference?
‘Also I don’t think 3.09 gear was available for the regular HC. I don’t mind though. I always love downshifting with the paddles. I could have a gear installed though.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Top of 4th! That is about the point where it gets interesting, it was about to get ugly for him anyway.
What mods do you have?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Mines a manual so top of 4th is 142-145ish. I’d lost a little on the 4-5 if I’d kept going.. but he don’t know that🤣. Running through 5th would’ve been real interesting. He was the one that instigated the whole thing anyway by revving. His did sound real good, had a lot of pop.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
What mods do you have?
Suspension all different
Brakes; rotors and pads
“Optimized” 93+ octane PCM tune
TCM tune that ROCKS

Couple sets of tires, but for a big day next Monday I am bringing street tires. Running one of the most favorable road courses to a Challenger. Brainerd Donnybrook long configuration. The DA should be somewhere between 500-1500’, the thing is going to be a monster. I am going to play with the PZero’s but also I am bringing my set of 345/30 PS4S rears to do some comparisons. I have used the OEM wheels and tires before and they feel amazingly good on a road course. This is the first time I’ll be running a tuned rig in over 200 laps in two different Challengers there, so I am pretty stoked. The big straight should reveal some good stuff.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Getting the girl ready revealed some oil in the collection can! Couple of oz’s. That has been all summer including RA for three sessions, a real hot day at BIR that sucked, and the two days in the Ozark’s. So not a lot for all of that, but it got some!

B435BD7A-91B1-4A32-92BF-636CD1C8883C.jpeg

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Suspension all different
Brakes; rotors and pads
“Optimized” 93+ octane PCM tune
TCM tune that ROCKS

Couple sets of tires, but for a big day next Monday I am bringing street tires. Running one of the most favorable road courses to a Challenger. Brainerd Donnybrook long configuration. The DA should be somewhere between 500-1500’, the thing is going to be a monster. I am going to play with the PZero’s but also I am bringing my set of 345/30 PS4S rears to do some comparisons. I have used the OEM wheels and tires before and they feel amazingly good on a road course. This is the first time I’ll be running a tuned rig in over 200 laps in two different Challengers there, so I am pretty stoked. The big straight should reveal some good stuff.
Sounds awesome. Stay safe and good luck man.

So how much rwhp did you gain with that Optimized tune? Do you mix 100 octane with 93 too?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sounds awesome. Stay safe and good luck man.

So how much rwhp did you gain with that Optimized tune? Do you mix 100 octane with 93 too?
IDK how much gain yet. Let us look at some numbers next week. I hope I can get all the power to the road in time to see gains in speeds. If we are lucky sometimes a fun timed “roll race” can sort of happen up the big straight.

I mix MS109.

This car was definitely hurting itself previously with some bad factory stuff that was making things much too HOT!

@Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC has done some real good stuff for me considering we run these much differently on a road course VS a drag race. We tried it a couple of weeks ago on a short but cool and smooth track in MO. It ran good;)

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
IDK how much gain yet. Let us look at some numbers next week. I hope I can get all the power to the road in time to see gains in speeds. If we are lucky sometimes a fun timed “roll race” can sort of happen up the big straight.

I mix MS109.

This car was definitely hurting itself previously with some bad factory stuff that was making things much too HOT!

@Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC has done some real good stuff for me considering we run these much differently on a road course VS a drag race. We tried it a couple of weeks ago on a short but cool and smooth track in MO. It ran good;)
Did you have problems with the COT? I heard just Chargers have that problem but I don’t believe it. The Challenger has the same motor and exhaust. Did you have the Catalytic temps adjusted? So it wouldn’t run like shit from COT.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
The AFE doesn't look to bad
I believe it has the biggest surface area and least restriction of all of them. I got it to help with the heat which so far it does a little over the lmi. We shall see.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did you have problems with the COT? I heard just Chargers have that problem but I don’t believe it. The Challenger has the same motor and exhaust. Did you have the Catalytic temps adjusted? So it wouldn’t run like shit from COT.
I could break any Redeye made in 30 minutes or less doing what I do, in any model, it don’t matter. My car won’t run off-road ever again with a converter on it. I may hold the record for cats replaced under warranty. I may also hold a distinguished spot at Dodge for overall major warranty repairs on this car also.