Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What do you think of your Redeye?

Member ID
Reactions
City
thousand oaks
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
What can be said that hasn't been said already? Had a 2015 M6 Hellcat I traded in for this monster. In every way, the WB redeye is simply one giant step up. The overall build quality and feel on the road is awesome. And the popping and burbling from the exhaust at liftoff, especially in first is simply perfect. The day I got it was the day I put 1000 miles on it and headed up to Napa from Socal on a beautiful cloudless sky. Drove around the wine country. The irony of visiting a tranquil winery in the redeye, need I say more? Incredible car, worth every penny!

Detroit Muscle

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Apple Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
My Therapy Car:cool:

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
I'm a happy camper. Got my RedEye back yesterday from the body shop after nearly 4 months. I forgot how fast these things are.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #64
I'm a happy camper. Got my RedEye back yesterday from the body shop after nearly 4 months. I forgot how fast these things are.
That is nearly as long as we put them up for in the winter. Some of us can relate. Congrats on getting it back.

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
That is nearly as long as we put them up for in the winter. Some of us can relate. Congrats on getting it back.
Thanks DGatzby! I'll post some pics in a new thread later today!! Oh, and congrats on getting #797.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #66

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
The jury is still out since we are still in the 500 mile break in period. Then we have the 1000 and 1500 mile break ends to go. 😖

Member ID
Reactions
City
Scottsdale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WB Challenger Redeye
I love my RE. My only gripe is that I wish there was more badging/graphics to denote this as a Redeye. I want the world to know!!! :ROFLMAO:
I hear you on the lack of badging...so I just added this personalized tag...
IMG_20190914_161055427.jpg

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
The jury is still out since we are still in the 500 mile break in period. Then we have the 1000 and 1500 mile break ends to go. 😖
I just got done with the 500 mile break in on mine last week. I now have just a tad over 700 miles on it. This thing is a beast in every way! Having owned a '15 HC since new, this one feels even more responsive and sure-footed on the road. As others have said.."even more refined". The tuning seems to be quite different on this car compared to the '15 I had. Cold starts are smooth, seems to idle smoother, accelerate harder and downshifts quicker when you lay into it. Loving it!

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
The longer I own mine the more I like it.. and I've owned very few things over the years that I can say that about. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The longer I own mine the more I like it.. and I've owned very few things over the years that I can say that about. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
I feel the same way. Finally a vehicle that I actually always like to drive and I am not saying," why did I buy this thing!"

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The longer I have this car the more I fall in love with it.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
It's like dating a really hot women then you realize she doesn't like to spend money but makes more money then you do, loves cars, loves cooking and does whatever you want in bed...that is the Redeye.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
It's like dating a really hot women then you realize she doesn't like to spend money but makes more money then you do, loves cars, loves cooking and does whatever you want in bed...that is the Redeye.
U nailed it :)

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #75
Had it out for the afternoon/evening and smacked her around a little. Wow, what a great runner. Seems to be looseing up a little, plus the DA has been pretty nice. Had the chiller on and drove the SC circuit into the low 50's. Also, like some of the reviewers have stated this thing is "calibrated" so very smooth for driving around "normal". I don't know, is a Demon docile like that? Seems like until you get 25-30% throttle it almost is a different machine. Couple of times I was really in it and backed off, it was smooth doing that also! Like you say Mark, I also like it more and more I drive it. Too bad it needs to be put away soon.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Never have I enjoyed a vehicle as much as I have this Redeye! Like Gatzby said about the throttle and being a different machine. Its does so much so well! The only thing I wish and its minor. The steering wheel would lower just a bit more. Thats a pretty small deal with the many other huge things that could bother me. So I consider it that good and I can live with that little detail!

firedude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
YUMA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Never have I enjoyed a vehicle as much as I have this Redeye! Like Gatzby said about the throttle and being a different machine. Its does so much so well! The only thing I wish and its minor. The steering wheel would lower just a bit more. Thats a pretty small deal with the many other huge things that could bother me. So I consider it that good and I can live with that little detail!
I would like that as well.(y)

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I would like that as well.(y)
When I filled out my Dodge review, I did mention it. Iol

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Mr Bradenton,
Mine is going to be pushing that time line. After the body shop, then to Tampa for PPF pushing the time line of the oil change. Any thought to that configuration?? I had all my engine components painted, touch up around the body, like I need, has become a total repaint at no extra cost. Ten the 30 t0 45 days for paint to cure. Then to Tampa for PPF. Over run the 6 month oil change period, warranty situation?? Any suggestions from Clearwater,, getting flooded. Might have an expensive sub pond toon boat.