Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What do you think of your Redeye?

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Had it out for the afternoon/evening and smacked her around a little. Wow, what a great runner. Seems to be looseing up a little, plus the DA has been pretty nice. Had the chiller on and drove the SC circuit into the low 50's. Also, like some of the reviewers have stated this thing is "calibrated" so very smooth for driving around "normal". I don't know, is a Demon docile like that? Seems like until you get 25-30% throttle it almost is a different machine. Couple of times I was really in it and backed off, it was smooth doing that also! Like you say Mark, I also like it more and more I drive it. Too bad it needs to be put away soon.
It's been in the mid 50's outside around my neck of the woods, and drops into the mid-thirties at night. It's getting close to hibernation time unfortunately. I normally put it away as soon as the snow and salt flies. I've never even tried any of the other gizmos on the car yet....chiller, cool down, line lock or anything...yet. I can say it really loves gulping down the denser 50's air!! Seems even more so than my old Kitty did.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #82
It is really running well. I must say I have been a BP 93 octane guy. Had to fill up at Shell because I was low with their 93. It may be better. It has not done the gulp between gears it did a couple times on the BP. I need more, so Shell gets the call today.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
It is really running well. I must say I have been a BP 93 octane guy. Had to fill up at Shell because I was low with their 93. It may be better. It has not done the gulp between gears it did a couple times on the BP. I need more, so Shell gets the call today.
Have had great luck with Shell over anything else...my go to 93 especially during play days/nights.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Venice
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Hellcat Redeye, 09 Z06 Corvette
Absolutely LOVE mine!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I haven’t found anyone I can trust to drive my 2019 Redeye Challenger while I drive my 2015 Hellcat Challenger that has some mods so I did some comparison driving today since the Redeye is past break in miles.

Don’t want to upset anyone but I know my 2015 Hellcat would walk away from my Redeye. I did a WOT 30 to 100 and a 60 to 120 and 2015 felt so very much stronger. The shifting points and throttle response on the 2015 were so very much more aggressive. I think it would be an easy win for the modded 2015. As important were the cooler temperatures on the 2015. Some significantly lower temperatures on the 2015.

additionally they both hit 14psi of boost.

I’m not happy about this at all but it is what it is.

Now don’t burn me down but I just wanted to share.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
How "modded" is your '15 HC?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
How "modded" is your '15 HC?
2.85 upper, Demon injectors, SC spacers and Thermo blanket, rear diff brace, 93 oct HHP PCM and TCM tune, running Boostane for 95 octane, 180 degree thermostat, one piece driveshaft, LMI CAI, rear sway bar links and trailing arms, JLT fender mount catch can, version 3 peddle commander, mid mufflers replaced with Dyno Max Mini Race mufflers. That’s about it.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #88
So go do the same things to your Redeye, then go out and run them again?
Saw a video tonight of nearly the same thing. Modified Hellcat beats a Demon. Modified anything is different to just pure stock, no mods. My Redeye basically got the same lap times as my modified Challenger. My Redeye gets to 60 mph in the exact same time my modified Challenger did, and still does. Okay, that did not really bother me. I will go do some of the same mods, some different, to the Redeye and run some laps. It will do better, I know it. Will be one tenth quicker to 60? Maybe?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So go do the same things to your Redeye, then go out and run them again?
Saw a video tonight of nearly the same thing. Modified Hellcat beats a Demon. Modified anything is different to just pure stock, no mods. My Redeye basically got the same lap times as my modified Challenger. My Redeye gets to 60 mph in the exact same time my modified Challenger did, and still does. Okay, that did not really bother me. I will go do some of the same mods, some different, to the Redeye and run some laps. It will do better, I know it. Will be one tenth quicker to 60? Maybe?
I was told that tuning the Redeye is not an option for me so....

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
2.85 upper, Demon injectors, SC spacers and Thermo blanket, rear diff brace, 93 oct HHP PCM and TCM tune, running Boostane for 95 octane, 180 degree thermostat, one piece driveshaft, LMI CAI, rear sway bar links and trailing arms, JLT fender mount catch can, version 3 peddle commander, mid mufflers replaced with Dyno Max Mini Race mufflers. That’s about it.
LOL...helluva list of mods...bet it does feel faster than a stock RE.

Just don't run up on a Redeye with a 2.85 upper and tune.

Last edited:
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #91
I was told that tuning the Redeye is not an option for me so....
Well okay. They still run pretty damn good.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
LOL...helluva a list of mods...bet it does feel faster than a stock RE.

Just don't run up on a Redeye with a 2.85 upper and tune.
Looking for one😉.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Eyes are not red enough.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I haven’t found anyone I can trust to drive my 2019 Redeye Challenger while I drive my 2015 Hellcat Challenger that has some mods so I did some comparison driving today since the Redeye is past break in miles.

Don’t want to upset anyone but I know my 2015 Hellcat would walk away from my Redeye. I did a WOT 30 to 100 and a 60 to 120 and 2015 felt so very much stronger. The shifting points and throttle response on the 2015 were so very much more aggressive. I think it would be an easy win for the modded 2015. As important were the cooler temperatures on the 2015. Some significantly lower temperatures on the 2015.

additionally they both hit 14psi of boost.

I’m not happy about this at all but it is what it is.

Now don’t burn me down but I just wanted to share.
One spirited drive isn't much to draw a lot of conclusions from IMO. I'm not saying your redeye is faster than your modded 2015, but this isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison and my stock redeye runs right with the modded Hellcats at my track - the ones still on unleaded anyway.

I don't know how you can really compare anyway on street tires...mine feels like it's holding back on the shifts even with 275 drag radials on the street...

Last edited:

nytrorcr1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hell Cat
I have to say I enjoy my Hell Cat, what I like the most is it’s roomy has lots of power and easy to drive......the color is really nice.......but I would still own the Z06 if it was easier to enter or exit the color was unique it was a convertible with lots of power. Age has its drawbacks

Attachments

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lantana
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
I have to say I enjoy my Hell Cat, what I like the most is it’s roomy has lots of power and easy to drive......the color is really nice.......but I would still own the Z06 if it was easier to enter or exit the color was unique it was a convertible with lots of power. Age has its drawbacks
Totally agree. Had a SLK55 AMG that I could drop into but more difficult getting out (4" lower than Charger/Challenger seat position and 14" lower than a Durango) after 14 years of ownership....

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
I love the Redeye more then my 16 Hellcat. The car is incredible. I still like the original HC hood better though. View attachment 547
What a nice color combo, I’m thinking myself of a Granite with red interior, would you happen to have some more pics you could share with me? Thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #100
I have many that say they should not be legal.