Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jokerz Ported Magnuson 2650 426 stroker Build!

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #141
I’m late but just sent a request to follow. @redeyewidebody
Got thanks

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Since you did not have this problem before it has to be one of the new items you had installed. I have a feeling you will need a custom 3.0 pulley. That is if it is misaligned. If everything is aligned you might want to do the rpm belt. I see you are using the green belt.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #144
Since you did not have this problem before it has to be one of the new items you had installed. I have a feeling you will need a custom 3.0 pulley. That is if it is misaligned. If everything is aligned you might want to do the rpm belt. I see you are using the green belt.
Tommy ordered the gates black belt witch is supposed much stronger. Exactly what you said about the 3.0 is what Grip Tech said. If everything is aligned they offered to make a custom 3.0 pulley.
Who knows it could be the 10% lower that is out of place.We learn a lot from R&D but it sucks at the same time as well. There is a guy in Florida with my exact set up...426 stroker/magnuson ported blower by Jokerz with the 3.0 pulley. Should be on in a few weeks so we shall see if he has any issues. Might have to go visit Grip Tech they are about 1 hour from me.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Had time to think about your situation on the long drive to Phoenix today. I’ll be at the shop goofing around with your car tomorrow 😝. You had that ATI on there with the stock blower before you went to the Maggie and didn’t have any belt issues. I’m going to suggest that we pull that Griptech off and set it on a flat surface next to the Maggie pulleys to see if it is spaced the same. Maybe they got it wrong and it’s as simple as that. Should be easy to see if the ribs are up or down from the factory pulleys. If it’s not that then it’s got to be that new idler. We’ll get to the bottom of this! Btw... first place for that new avatar! Lol. From worst to best

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #146
Had time to think about your situation on the long drive to Phoenix today. I’ll be at the shop goofing around with your car tomorrow 😝. You had that ATI on there with the stock blower before you went to the Maggie and didn’t have any belt issues. I’m going to suggest that we pull that Griptech off and set it on a flat surface next to the Maggie pulleys to see if it is spaced the same. Maybe they got it wrong and it’s as simple as that. Should be easy to see if the ribs are up or down from the factory pulleys. If it’s not that then it’s got to be that new idler. We’ll get to the bottom of this! Btw... first place for that new avatar! Lol. From worst to best
Agreed Marc. I wonder if the 3.0 from Grip tech has the same rib count as the ones I ordered from magnuson. I’m thinking we never even started with the 3.25 or the 3.50......🤔 I will ask tommy. If not it’s that 3.0 from Grip tech or the alignment is off . We shall see. I think the first step is counting the ribs and alignment.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I stopped having belt problems when I went turbo... :)

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #148
Small update Dayco laser alignment tool arrived at SRT AutoWorks today. It’s a tool to see if any of the pulley’s are out of alignment. Also talked to Magnuson and their head tech guy is thinking if the alignment is good then it’s the 3.0 pulley. The 3.0 pulley is the smallest one Magnuson offers. Magnuson told me if your pushing over 1000rwhp the 3.0 is to small and can cause some belt slippage so we’re gonna go to the 3.5 pulley after the alignment test is done. If this doesn’t work then we gotta send the 3.5 and 3.25 pulley to Grip Tech to get their grippy stuff put on. The 3.0 that’s on the car now we ordered from Grip Tech so maybe there is a flaw in that particular pulley.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Also talked to Magnuson and their head tech guy is thinking if the alignment is good then it’s the 3.0 pulley. The 3.0 pulley is the smallest one Magnuson offers. Magnuson told me if your pushing over 1000rwhp the 3.0 is to small and can cause some belt slippage so we’re gonna go to the 3.5 pulley after the alignment test is done. If this doesn’t work then we gotta send the 3.5 and 3.25 pulley to Grip Tech to get their grippy stuff put on. The 3.0 that’s on the car now we ordered from Grip Tech so maybe there is a flaw in that particular pulley.
How does Magnuson propose they support over 1000rwhp with their blower? Do you have to change up the cogs (again)? Larger overdrive pulley?
If the alignment is good (which I doubt), the only other thing you can chase is more wrap and/or more tension. I know you significantly improved belt wrap recently, but I wonder if you can get a larger idler pulley to fit on it to get another 10% wrap without introducing more tension.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #150
How does Magnuson propose they support over 1000rwhp with their blower? Do you have to change up the cogs (again)? Larger overdrive pulley?
If the alignment is good (which I doubt), the only other thing you can chase is more wrap and/or more tension. I know you significantly improved belt wrap recently, but I wonder if you can get a larger idler pulley to fit on it to get another 10% wrap without introducing more tension.
Their blower can support over 1000rwhp no problem. I do have the 27% overdrive cog set up in the rear. They just stated there has been a few Hellcats when pushing over 1000 plus to the wheels with the smallest pulley has had belt slippage issues . I called gear head fabrication in Florida and spoke with the owner Mario and they had same issues with a Demon that is running the Magnuson. They added adjustable idler pulley and issue is gone. We have added the same plus the billet ARS tensioner pulley.
So I’m thinking it’s gotta be out of alignment.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
At some point over 1000 you're going to need to pulley down, right?
I think you're on the right track with the alignment, just thought it was weird that you can't run a 3.0 pulley. Belt slip, sure, but to jump a rib because the pulley is small, weird to me.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #152
Who
At some point over 1000 you're going to need to pulley down, right?
I think you're on the right track with the alignment, just thought it was weird that you can't run a 3.0 pulley. Belt slip, sure, but to jump a rib because the pulley is small, weird to me.
who knows if the alignment is off and that is the issue and we fix it. Maybe might just stay with the 3.0.👍

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #153
Has anyone seen a set up like this? My main attention is to the bracket that was made to hold the 2nd idler pulley in place on top. It helps with a lot more belt wrap as you can see. I was able to reach out to the 2 shops that have done this with there big builds running the magnuson. I’m finding out that with 1000hp plus to the wheels running the magnuson I’m not the only one experiencing a lot of belt slippage. The 2 shops will not be making anymore of these. I have made numerous calls to almost everyone including magnuson and no answer or help. This is turning out to be a big issue for Magnuson. They need to develop a bracket like this if they wanna keep up in the SC Mopar world. I did talk to Jokerz Performance and they are all in on making a bracket for me but they don’t have access to a Hellcat right now to get the correct dimensions. I did chat with bigjonracing and he had all the same belt issues I did till his shop made that billet bracket for him. C3D0CEB4-E8AE-426A-998F-09E18AE75A82.png 7C9027F3-D230-4A6D-A90C-0FE8BA9D9006.jpeg B660C26E-8F6A-495B-AFA7-800D51BB4E57.png

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Why don’t you look at the one whipple has for the 4.5

I have it, and I think it will get the job done.

mines pushed over and cranked down like a son of bitch.

I rip it quite a bit on that and no belt slip. It will
Slide over occasionally and I’ll get some slip again.

I can hear the belt slip so I know when it’s loose.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
What’s nice about the adjustment, is that when I change pulleys I can easily adjust belt tightness.
image.jpg image.jpg

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #156
Why don’t you look at the one whipple has for the 4.5

I have it, and I think it will get the job done.

mines pushed over and cranked down like a son of bitch.

I rip it quite a bit on that and no belt slip. It will
Slide over occasionally and I’ll get some slip again.

I can hear the belt slip so I know when it’s loose.
I will look into
What’s nice about the adjustment, is that when I change pulleys I can easily adjust belt tightness.
View attachment 17412 View attachment 17413
That might just work. I wish these shops could just give me the dimensions & blue print of it. Jokerz is ready to make them now and use my car for r&d.
Thanks Whip.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Dude what a PITA. I feel for ya. I have been down this road a few times . Hopefully once you get it dialed in it will be worth the aggravation.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #158
Dude what a PITA. I feel for ya. I have been down this road a few times . Hopefully once you get it dialed in it will be worth the aggravation.

One good thing I have is a great shop and patience!
I’ve made so many dam phone calls and it seems to be that only the Hellcats that are pushing 20-25psi+ & over 1000hp rwhp are having this issue.
I’m thinking Tommy at SRT AutoWorks And jokerz Performance will be 1 of the 1st to develop and solve this issue. I’ve given up on Magnuson. There is multiple shops that are experiencing the same issues but have developed a 1 of a kind bracket and pulley to solve the issue.
Not the one to talk bad about any vendors or shops etc.. but No help from Magnuson. Lol
It’s all good. It takes some R & D and time to figure out these issues.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
One good thing I have is a great shop and patience!
I’ve made so many dam phone calls and it seems to be that only the Hellcats that are pushing 20-25psi+ & over 1000hp rwhp are having this issue.
I’m thinking Tommy at SRT AutoWorks And jokerz Performance will be 1 of the 1st to develop and solve this issue. I’ve given up on Magnuson. There is multiple shops that are experiencing the same issues but have developed a 1 of a kind bracket and pulley to solve the issue.
Not the one to talk bad about any vendors or shops etc.. but No help from Magnuson. Lol
It’s all good. It takes some R & D and time to figure out these issues.
Unfortunately some manufacturers only develop a product that "fits" but no real world testing . And when I say real world I mean anything other then stock or their test vehicle. I hope you get this figured out soon I'm looking forward to the results .

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George