Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stuck Wheel Bolt

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #81
Haha it’s not my car or my money gents, I can only advise at this point.

To be fair, he got fucked here by the tire shop and now doesn’t trust any other shop to touch it. So he’s learning.

As for the BMW comments, while funny, my BMW is easier to work on than any of my Challengers were but, just like anything, it’s all about having the right tools.

It’s also as fast on paper as any 392 car and probably faster on the street. Also gets 32 MPG and has massaging seats. I’m no BMW fan boy but this car has a lot going for it, especially since I can have the Hellcat in the garage too.

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

To be fair, he got fucked here by the tire shop and now doesn’t trust any other shop to touch it. So he’s learning.

As for the BMW comments, while funny, my BMW is easier to work on than any of my Challengers were but, just like anything, it’s all about having the right tools.
Oh, I remember my BMW days and yes, you better have tools and knowledge. I flew a guy in from Amsterdam to work on mine. It was cheaper and higher quality. Besides he wanted trips to the states.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #83
Oh, I remember my BMW days and yes, you better have tools and knowledge. I flew a guy in from Amsterdam to work on mine. It was cheaper and higher quality. Besides he wanted trips to the states.
You can buy all their factory service manuals online via TIS for a fair price and so far, the tools are relatively cheap.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely poses the threat of getting expensive if something goes wrong. For example, one of my headlights is $4k. But for maintenance and stuff, fairly cheap if you can do it yourself.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You can buy all their factory service manuals online via TIS for a fair price and so far, the tools are relatively cheap.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely poses the threat of getting expensive if something goes wrong. For example, one of my headlights is $4k. But for maintenance and stuff, fairly cheap if you can do it yourself.
My days of turning wrenches left the harbor years ago. After doing it for a living when I was young, I'm not doing it now.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #85
My days of turning wrenches left the harbor years ago. After doing it for a living when I was young, I'm not doing it now.
With 1.5 jobs and 2 young kids, using it as an excuse to drink a few beers and enjoy some time working in the garage is my saving grace haha.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
With 1.5 jobs and 2 young kids, using it as an excuse to drink a few beers and enjoy some time working in the garage is my saving grace haha.
I understand completely. 5 daughters. I wholesaled cars and worked out of the house. Pretty much lived in the garage.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, they are called B M Troubleyou for a reason.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I loved it. It hated me. Long time ago.
FB_IMG_1559130373842.jpg

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

It’s also as fast on paper as any 392 car and probably faster on the street. Also gets 32 MPG and has messaging seats. I’m no BMW fan boy but this car has a lot going for it, especially since I can have the Hellcat in the garage too.
as long as it makes you happy that is all that matters. Not even with a bag chips thrown in won't do it for me:cool:

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #90
as long as it makes you happy that is all that matters. Not even with a bag chips thrown in won't do it for me:cool:
Yeah, if I didn’t make the trip from SLC to LAS once or twice a month (6 hours one way) I wouldn’t have this car. But, this is the perfect car for that specific job, which is why I bought it. Got it relatively cheap also. Stickered at $75k in 2017, bought it CPO with 40k miles in 2021 for $30k.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The depreciation is insane on those cars. Just make sure that you are covered by a great warranty.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
De sal, ole smokies?? Youz bee doing alot of driving. Did when I lived in Tenn and worked in Fl. Sucked. Only reason I went home in my Honda was to check on the dogs and make sure the wiffy could still bitch. Then after 2 days, enough, back to Florida. 625 miles 1 way. Now we have Allegiant, airport 15 minutes. Purchase in advence get a round triper ticket for $55. Leave Thursday and come back Sunday. 1 hour flight.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I understand completely. 5 daughters. I wholesaled cars and worked out of the house. Pretty much lived in the garage.
5 daughters...and a wife...???? no wonder you lived in the garage..the house was an estrogen pool...no way you won an argument in that house...you poor bastard...:oops::oops::oops::oops:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
5 daughters...and a wife...???? no wonder you lived in the garage..the house was an estrogen pool...no way you won an argument in that house...you poor bastard...:oops::oops::oops::oops:
Getting my point across has never been an issue. Walk softly and be calm. You have to be 2 steps ahead of them.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
My ex-brother-in-law had three daughters. My sister-in-law and the girls eventually began cycling simultaneously (the monthly kind). He lives alone, now.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The depreciation is insane on those cars. Just make sure that you are covered by a great warranty.
My wife's BMW..is almost outta warrantee...she loves it..I hate it..but cant find anything new..

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Getting my point across has never been an issue. Walk softly and be calm. You have to be 2 steps ahead of them.
LOL...but..the 5 weddings you had to pay for...good God man..:eek::eek:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My wife's BMW..is almost outta warrantee...she loves it..I hate it..but cant find anything new..
Just got the wife out of her 21 Lexus. After 7K miles it was going down fast plus the technology is outdated and it's underpowered.