Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stuck Wheel Bolt

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Okay. so how about something very lightly used then? Less than 500 miles on this '17 HiJet that's now left over..

And since you live in some sort of city, it should be ideal. Easy to park, easy on fuel, etc. Plus, when she gets home from shopping, the hydraulic dump bed will speed up the unloading process. View attachment 61467
The epitome of utility. Flashy! Won’t see another of those around. 😂

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
How long is the bed? I'm dead serious.
It's six feet, so longer than a TRX's. And the 700-lb. load capacity isn't all that far behind a TRX, either.

The epitome of utility. Flashy! Won’t see another of those around. 😂
Umm, here you do. At least two of them.
Like so many other vehicles, we have a his and hers. The one for sale is hers.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
If it was 12 I would have made an offer on it

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Does it have the 3 cyl Suzuki in it?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Does it have the 3 cyl Suzuki in it?
It's supposedly a Toyota engine. But I won't hold that against it.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Okay. so how about something very lightly used then? Less than 500 miles on this '17 HiJet that's now left over..

And since you live in some sort of city, it should be ideal. Easy to park, easy on fuel, etc. Plus, when she gets home from shopping, the hydraulic dump bed will speed up the unloading process. View attachment 61467
I have one of these, its a Suzuki brand. Handiest thing since they put pockets on a shirt ! worth every penny they cost on a farm. 008.JPG

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I have one of these, its a Suzuki brand. Handiest thing since they put pockets on a shirt ! worth every penny they cost on a farm.
Agree. Mine's a 2008 (I think) that I found in Texas. No A/C, P/S, etc., but it works fine for me.

Never did get around to register it, but then I also only drive it to the post office...and other somewhat nearby places. Other than that it gets driven (and enjoyed) around the house.
It's one of the smarter purchases I've made. but that's not saying much.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Agree. Mine's a 2008 (I think) that I found in Texas. No A/C, P/S, etc., but it works fine for me.

Never did get around to register it, but then I also only drive it to the post office...and other somewhat nearby places. Other than that it gets driven (and enjoyed) around the house.
It's one of the smarter purchases I've made. but that's not saying much.
Mine is a 1996, it has the dump bed, AC, stereo radio with cassette player. I have hauled 1,500 pounds of seed and fertilizer on this with ease. and many deer from down in the woods. LOL. great hunting rig.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Mine is a 1996, it has the dump bed, AC, stereo radio with cassette player. I have hauled 1,500 pounds of seed and fertilizer on this with ease. and many deer from down in the woods. LOL. great hunting rig.
I pulled the fuse for the radio in mine. Don't care much for Japanese music.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
God when was it. Some time at the end of the 80s a friend had a 200sx which was one of the first cars that would talk to you. Know some japanese among other things so went down to Nissan and ordered the japanese part number. Swapped it in and let everyone listen to the chick ask you to fasten your seat.belt in japanese.

Didn't think about swapping out the stereo so we could listen to it in japanese too...

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
So @AeroF16 did you guys get the bolt out? Inquiry minds want to know. 🧐

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #132
So @AeroF16 did you guys get the bolt out? Inquiry minds want to know. 🧐
Nope. I told him to buy a 1/2” drive deep well extractor set. It showed up yesterday but I was leaving town, so couldn’t help. He tried it himself and said the new extractor kit wasn’t biting as well as the old 3/8” set we were using. The 3/8” set we were using wasn’t deep well, which means we had to use an adapter, and we snapped 5 of them haha.

He’s throwing in the towel and taking it to a shop that’ll weld a socket on and break it free.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Good to hear.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Nope. I told him to buy a 1/2” drive deep well extractor set. It showed up yesterday but I was leaving town, so couldn’t help. He tried it himself and said the new extractor kit wasn’t biting as well as the old 3/8” set we were using. The 3/8” set we were using wasn’t deep well, which means we had to use an adapter, and we snapped 5 of them haha.

He’s throwing in the towel and taking it to a shop that’ll weld a socket on and break it free.
Hopefully the wheel will be ok but sometimes you have to damage 1 thing to fix something else.

Good luck to him.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle

Once that is done it will likely twist off, then they will have to drill it out anyway. The jackass that put it in probably cross threaded it with an impact wrench. it may as well be welded in at this point..

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Now that's funny

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

The agony of defeat. 🤬

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #138
The agony of defeat. 🤬
He just called me to say that they had zero success with the welding option as well. Think they’re going to attempt to drill it out now.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Again just shoot it and move on. Weld em all and sell the car.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States