Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

BoostedGTA 2021 Super Stock

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Check it out, I found this happening bye mistake. I raised mine to 2000 and would never get torque reserve coming into play lower it to 1300 and walaaaa there it is.
That's a simple enough change. I'll change it to 2000 and forget about it. Thanks.

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Ok, it seems like I've already found a few people that get the random dead pedal... at least that's just once that it has happened over the course of the year that I have owned it. At least a tune should fix the shifting but I may speak to my dealer first and explain to them that my car NEVER sees the 6400 rpm redline that they advertise for the power gain. If I tune it, I don't want them denying warranty work on anything that is clearly not related to a tune, etc. Hoping we can come to an understanding.
Yea, I'm too "old school" to understand why the specified 6400 RPM shift point is not happening, not my world ? I incorrectly assumed the PCM / TCM would initiate an instant shift @ 6400 since it's all digital programmed data. Apparently there are other dynamics getting into the mix that are beyond my pay scale.
Is it possible Dodge engineering purposely programmed the early 1-2 & 2-3 shift points to eliminate the infamous "hiccups" ?
The good news is: although the advertised 6400 shift points are not being realized, BUT, so isn't the advertised 10.50 ET -------- that's being consistently and significantly crushed ! (y)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
The tach needle isn't accurate. Mine is tuned and logs show 6500 shifts but needle looks like it shifts around 63 64.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #184
Check it out, I found this happening bye mistake. I raised mine to 2000 and would never get torque reserve coming into play lower it to 1300 and walaaaa there it is.
Ok, went to the track Saturday and increased my launch control RPM to 2500 (the max). It still went into the wacky torque reserve thing at the same rpm (1400ish). Oh well...

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #185
The tach needle isn't accurate. Mine is tuned and logs show 6500 shifts but needle looks like it shifts around 63 64.
This is true, but I'm taking my shift points directly from my datalog. Last time out, the 1-2 shift was at 5000 rpm's and 2-3 was only slightly higher. Time for a tune!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Ok, went to the track Saturday and increased my launch control RPM to 2500 (the max). It still went into the wacky torque reserve thing at the same rpm (1400ish). Oh well...
That’s really weird mine and my friends work the same 1200 and it starts at 1200 , and so on but I couldn’t get my launch control to work Robert’s did.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Well... chit. I was really hoping that would work.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
This is true, but I'm taking my shift points directly from my datalog. Last time out, the 1-2 shift was at 5000 rpm's and 2-3 was only slightly higher. Time for a tune!
Wtf 5k? Something is really way off here.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #189
Wtf 5k? Something is really way off here.
Check this out... here are a couple logs... one from one of my better passes and another from a crappy pass. Regardless, the shifts are always anywhere from 49xx to 52xx rpm's. It's ridiculous.

Screenshot 2022-05-09 225857.png Screenshot 2022-05-09 225845.png

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Would it be worth it to manually shift the car just to see how it effects the times? Agree those shift RPMs aren’t even close to where they should be.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
Check this out... here are a couple logs... one from one of my better passes and another from a crappy pass. Regardless, the shifts are always anywhere from 49xx to 52xx rpm's. It's ridiculous.

View attachment 70321 View attachment 70322
Find the pid that says throttle position SAE and log that. Let's make sure the throttle is actually staying open.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
Call curt and get the ball rolling, even if you don't add any boost you will still make big gains. Hp tuners was fast getting my ecm unlocked. I sent it out 2 day mail on Monday and had it back Friday. If you call Curt Dusterhoff tell him Steve from Washington state sent you his way, great guy to deal with and Curt can really make these car's run.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #193
Would it be worth it to manually shift the car just to see how it effects the times? Agree those shift RPMs aren’t even close to where they should be.
I have thought about that, but using the paddles it will still shift the car at 5K. If I select manual mode on the shifter, I'm worried I won't be able to shift fast enough before it bangs the limiter. I.e., do I need to aim at 5500 first and see what the delay is from the time you bump it until it actually shifts?

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #194
Call curt and get the ball rolling, even if you don't add any boost you will still make big gains. Hp tuners was fast getting my ecm unlocked. I sent it out 2 day mail on Monday and had it back Friday. If you call Curt Dusterhoff tell him Steve from Washington state sent you his way, great guy to deal with and Curt can really make these car's run.
I have spoken to him and a couple other reputable tuners. Hope to get the ball rolling on it soon. I think a tune will wake it up, especially going E85.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
This may have already been discussed, but are you racing in D?

Ever tried launching in track mode? I know in theory the car should not launch as hard and not transfer as much weight, but it would be interesting to see what you actually do 60 foot, and also how it shifts through the run.

Last time at the strip I just left mine in D in track mode to continue to use the power chiller as I made 3-4 runs at a time and I actually got my best 60 foot ever(and I think I can still do a little better)...granted for me that's 1.5s, not the 1.4s that you guys can pull off of the mountains. But I got my best e.t.s, car seemed to shift perfectly every run right at 6k+ rpms in first and it was definitely swinging through 6500 for all other shifts.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #196
This may have already been discussed, but are you racing in D?

Ever tried launching in track mode? I know in theory the car should not launch as hard and not transfer as much weight, but it would be interesting to see what you actually do 60 foot, and also how it shifts through the run.

Last time at the strip I just left mine in D in track mode to continue to use the power chiller as I made 3-4 runs at a time and I actually got my best 60 foot ever(and I think I can still do a little better)...granted for me that's 1.5s, not the 1.4s that you guys can pull off of the mountains. But I got my best e.t.s, car seemed to shift perfectly every run right at 6k+ rpms in first and it was definitely swinging through 6500 for all other shifts.
Super Stocks are a little different than the Redeye... I always run in Track mode in D which sets the suspension up specifically for drag racing (it really transfers the weight in this mode).

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I have thought about that, but using the paddles it will still shift the car at 5K. If I select manual mode on the shifter, I'm worried I won't be able to shift fast enough before it bangs the limiter. I.e., do I need to aim at 5500 first and see what the delay is from the time you bump it until it actually shifts?
I've tried manual mode. I can't even come close to shifting it in time. All I succeeded in doing was wasting a couple of runs. It *might* work for some but I don't see it as a fix for the general issue.
I've also left it in D and hit the downshift paddle to mimic manual mode to see if that helped. Shifts the same as just putting it in D.
FWIW

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
In my 707, my fastest et was when I just left in in D vs all of the other "tricks". I also blew through 3 or 4 runs trying to shift it manually. ZERO luck.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Well... chit. I was really hoping that would work.
Not sure if you have run your car much Bo. But did you do this? Set the LC RPM setting to max?

How did that work out?

I am not 100% sure but I think once the torque reserve is active it will stay on as long as you are above 950 RPM. So, if the LC setting is set to 1500 and the software sees 1500 for one millisecond then it will come on and stay on. Whether or not you think you got to 1500 rpm. So that might be what is confusing folks or making it seem random.

ALSO, I am not sure what you guys have been doing as far as the car not doing static burnouts in TRACK drive mode. If it were my car I would just go into Track Mode setup and change the traction control to SPORT and that should be the end of the problem. In my Super Stock I would press the SRT buttone ONCE, come up on the SRT Dashboard and then select Track mode at the top and then enable the chiller = Ready to race.

In my Friends car he said the suspension did come up fast in the front and top out in Track Mode so I think the issue is limited to just the Traction control setting in Track mode. I also did read the 2022 supplemental performance manual and it DOES still say that the Super Stock in TRACK mode is set up for DRAG racing and not road racing.

Also NOTE: The right people at Stellantis now know about this and they are working to fix it. So if you have the car in for service and they offer any updated to the car I would accept them. I did not tell them about the Torque reserve issue because we had not verified that yet with our 22 SS.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #200
Not sure if you have run your car much Bo. But did you do this? Set the LC RPM setting to max?

How did that work out?

I am not 100% sure but I think once the torque reserve is active it will stay on as long as you are above 950 RPM. So, if the LC setting is set to 1500 and the software sees 1500 for one millisecond then it will come on and stay on. Whether or not you think you got to 1500 rpm. So that might be what is confusing folks or making it seem random.

ALSO, I am not sure what you guys have been doing as far as the car not doing static burnouts in TRACK drive mode. If it were my car I would just go into Track Mode setup and change the traction control to SPORT and that should be the end of the problem. In my Super Stock I would press the SRT buttone ONCE, come up on the SRT Dashboard and then select Track mode at the top and then enable the chiller = Ready to race.

In my Friends car he said the suspension did come up fast in the front and top out in Track Mode so I think the issue is limited to just the Traction control setting in Track mode. I also did read the 2022 supplemental performance manual and it DOES still say that the Super Stock in TRACK mode is set up for DRAG racing and not road racing.

Also NOTE: The right people at Stellantis now know about this and they are working to fix it. So if you have the car in for service and they offer any updated to the car I would accept them. I did not tell them about the Torque reserve issue because we had not verified that yet with our 22 SS.
Ron, changing the launch control RPM did absolutely nothing for when torque reserve comes on during regular launches in track mode.

Also, can you clarify which specific issue that Stellantis is aware of and working to fix? Is it the 2021-2022 short shifting?