Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

BoostedGTA 2021 Super Stock

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #161
Boosted, I had to read your post a few times, it sounded like "I" wrote it. LOL I logged mine at Cecil finally Saturday.
short shifted 1st-2nd 5100, 2nd-3rd 5800, then 3-4 about 6100 rpms . . . . if it shifted all at or near 6100-6200 (like intended) 9s!
I went 10.29@133 1.45 60ft on taller Hoosier DBRs.... 24lbs of air dead hooking and also moving an inch a pass on rims. :-(
all passes were 10.3s @132ish mid 1.4 60 fts 6.6 1/8 miles at 106 mph. It has to dead hook to show/log the short shifts, meaning
I can't duplicate it on the street.... temps were about 62* 22% humidity and 300ft DA.
I do believe we would have some good races if we were at the track together! Those look nearly identical to my timeslips! Also, you just reminded me I need to mark my tire on the rim so I can see how much movement I get. Best 60' so far is 1.42 which I have repeated 3 times I think, but last time out it was a string of 1.45's. I'm planning on going this Thursday evening to the track, but it's supposed to be hot and humid! Hoping the chiller will work and my ET's won't suffer much more than last week.

Last edited:

Rollieman

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamilton
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Just Curious:

I understand the benefits of "short shifting" in negative DA minimizing or eliminating the "hiccups" and preferring it NOT to "short shift" in positive DA. (y)

Is this "short shifting" inherent in just the SS, or, in all HO engines ? :unsure:

Also what happened to the 6400 RPM Super Stock specification that was so heavily advertised ? :D

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I had a few short shifts in my 2021 SS but after disconnecting the battery and leaving it for a day or two I’ve had no problems. But I also have just rear seat delete. The problem was with passenger seat out and all the junk in the trunk at a minimum, is when the problem was the worst. I think Ron said it before the weight reduction could be a issue????

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #164
Just Curious:

I understand the benefits of "short shifting" in negative DA minimizing or eliminating the "hiccups" and preferring it NOT to "short shift" in positive DA. (y)

Is this "short shifting" inherent in just the SS, or, in all HO engines ? :unsure:

Also what happened to the 6400 RPM Super Stock specification that was so heavily advertised ? :D
My point exactly!! The Super Stock advertised a higher redline (6400) as part of the power increase. What good is that if my car won't ever see that increased redline?!? I think there's a lot left on the table ET wise by shifting at 5200 etc.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #165
I had a few short shifts in my 2021 SS but after disconnecting the battery and leaving it for a day or two I’ve had no problems. But I also have just rear seat delete. The problem was with passenger seat out and all the junk in the trunk at a minimum, is when the problem was the worst. I think Ron said it before the weight reduction could be a issue????
You just reset the transmission adaptives... they will learn their way back, trust me. My car is a no option car except for rear seat delete and perf spoiler.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You just reset the transmission adaptives... they will learn their way back, trust me. My car is a no option car except for rear seat delete and perf spoiler.
I hope your wrong but I have a feeling you’re correct! Sad too say but true.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #167
I hope your wrong but I have a feeling you’re correct! Sad too say but true.
I know this from reading Ron's posts... he went through all that before.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #168
20220504_181002~3.jpg

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #169
Wanted to see how the car reacts to the heat, so I made a couple passes last night. On the first pass, I was racing a friend of mine in his modded C7 Z06. He normally runs 6.50ish so this was going to be an exciting and close race... We got to the line and I brought my rpms up before fully staging, the car kinda went in and out of that weird thing where it sounds like it's cutting cylinders (almost like you're using launch control). I raised it some more and thought it was ok, the light tree came down and I hammered it on the last yellow... crickets... nothing happened! The car sat there and didn't react and my foot was to the floor... it seemed like an eternity but it finally got throttle and took off. The Z06 was long gone. Never had that happen before, has anyone else? I'm sure it was only several tenths of a second but seemed like forever that the car just sat there.

Decided to make a 2nd pass so I didn't go home disappointed and confused. Everything went well on that pass except that it was slow due to DA and the car was hot. Went 1.46 60' and 6.70 at 104.x. DA was around 2700'. Really thinking about doing E85, tune, and injectors as I don't want to be running 6.70s (or worse) all summer.

I'll review datalogs and videos later. At least I got a cool picture for now:

83250.jpeg

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wanted to see how the car reacts to the heat, so I made a couple passes last night. On the first pass, I was racing a friend of mine in his modded C7 Z06. He normally runs 6.50ish so this was going to be an exciting and close race... We got to the line and I brought my rpms up before fully staging, the car kinda went in and out of that weird thing where it sounds like it's cutting cylinders (almost like you're using launch control). I raised it some more and thought it was ok, the light tree came down and I hammered it on the last yellow... crickets... nothing happened! The car sat there and didn't react and my foot was to the floor... it seemed like an eternity but it finally got throttle and took off. The Z06 was long gone. Never had that happen before, has anyone else? I'm sure it was only several tenths of a second but seemed like forever that the car just sat there.

Decided to make a 2nd pass so I didn't go home disappointed and confused. Everything went well on that pass except that it was slow due to DA and the car was hot. Went 1.46 60' and 6.70 at 104.x. DA was around 2700'. Really thinking about doing E85, tune, and injectors as I don't want to be running 6.70s (or worse) all summer.

I'll review datalogs and videos later. At least I got a cool picture for now:

View attachment 69952
Torque reserve I believe I have mine set to 1300 otherwise I’ll push threw the lights. I’ve never had it do what you’re describing it’s always went full throttle.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Mine's done that torque reserve thing a few times. It's only done the dead pedal thing right after once though. It was at a test session so I just let off, backed up and re staged. It went right down that time.
This whole issue is yet another new problem that Dodge created and then sold to us. Between that problem and the various shifting issues we're all seeing with the SS I'm just about over the whole deal...
And yes, in the air you'll be seeing you have a lot of 6.70/6.80 passes in your near future if you leave it stock. Our air here in mid TN is very similar to yours and I see those et's a lot.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m heading to the track tomorrow so we shall see if mine gets the 👿 cat fever.

Attachments

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #173
Torque reserve I believe I have mine set to 1300 otherwise I’ll push threw the lights. I’ve never had it do what you’re describing it’s always went full throttle.
Where exactly did you set that for 1300 rpm's? I'm only aware of setting the rpm's under launch control which I thought most did NOT use at the track? My best runs I have launched off the footbrake at 2000 rpm's without pushing.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Where exactly did you set that for 1300 rpm's? I'm only aware of setting the rpm's under launch control which I thought most did NOT use at the track? My best runs I have launched off the footbrake at 2000 rpm's without pushing.
Yes sir it’s in launch control where you set it, I had 315’s with skinny MT’s up front and if I try 14-15 hundred I’ll push every time. I do not use launch control.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #175
Mine's done that torque reserve thing a few times. It's only done the dead pedal thing right after once though. It was at a test session so I just let off, backed up and re staged. It went right down that time.
This whole issue is yet another new problem that Dodge created and then sold to us. Between that problem and the various shifting issues we're all seeing with the SS I'm just about over the whole deal...
And yes, in the air you'll be seeing you have a lot of 6.70/6.80 passes in your near future if you leave it stock. Our air here in mid TN is very similar to yours and I see those et's a lot.
Ok, it seems like I've already found a few people that get the random dead pedal... at least that's just once that it has happened over the course of the year that I have owned it. At least a tune should fix the shifting but I may speak to my dealer first and explain to them that my car NEVER sees the 6400 rpm redline that they advertise for the power gain. If I tune it, I don't want them denying warranty work on anything that is clearly not related to a tune, etc. Hoping we can come to an understanding.

OP
BoostedGTA

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #176
Yes sir it’s in launch control where you set it, I had 315’s with skinny MT’s up front and if I try 14-15 hundred I’ll push every time. I do not use launch control.
I thought the launch rpm only had to do with launch control... not your normal footbrake launch? Are you saying you can mat the gas pedal and it will hold to that rpm--but you're not using launch control?

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good luck they have no sense of humor with this at least at my dealership. I had a new differential installed and they told me make sure the braces are off. It was low on oil and that’s what burned it up. There fault for not checking at the PDI

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I thought the launch rpm only had to do with launch control... not your normal footbrake launch? Are you saying you can mat the gas pedal and it will hold to that rpm--but you're not using launch control?
No it just goes into torque reserve at what ever rpm you set is what I’m seeing. I’m a foot breaker, unless I had a trans brake.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
No it just goes into torque reserve at what ever rpm you set is what I’m seeing. I’m a foot breaker, unless I had a trans brake.
Mine just randomly goes into torque reserve. I haven't played w the launch control rpm setting as I would never have guessed it would come into play when foot braking.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Check it out, I found this happening bye mistake. I raised mine to 2000 and would never get torque reserve coming into play lower it to 1300 and walaaaa there it is.