Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

When to know to get out? I.e. sell.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
Im so angry right now, almost to the point of taking a bat to the windshield. I could have been learning since April but I thought the tuner was angry at me or didn’t trust me and locked the tune. Just did a read and slowly startes to think that drinking now might be an option. So angry and feel like an idiot.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Easy,,, I will drink fer ya. I am on my 3rd shot of shine. Let me think ster of this tuning bit. To over ride a PCM can change a tune. Let me look for some paper work.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Speedy,
Mur free boro, Tenn. Use to go thru there on the way to Nashville, Bowlingreen, and lived in Clarkesville, Tenn. I was born and re raised in Chattanooga. Yes,, that is what is wrong with me. Going back to Chatta this fall with the H/C.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #44
We need him on your channel @Speedy! @Hickster too late, already cracked open the case of beer and will be joining you

im dumb and this car could have been loving a lot faster a lot quicker

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sounds like most, if not all of the pieces needed to meet your goal are in place. Those in the know on this thread are saying so.
In my line of work, when things aren't adding up I want a second opinion...or third...Screw pride or other hesitations.
I am sure a good referral is here for the asking.
Good lucky, be happy. Its the only reason to do all this!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Faster quickster is sumtin you speak of at the track not the bedroom. Murf ee boros, Tnn. Had alot of girl friends from high school whooo could not get into UT. Went to MTSU. I ended up at Chattanooga St Tech Comm College with alot of grads from Central High, 1975 cause of different reasons. Mine was 3 different girl friends, mother freshly divorced, and older brother already hauled ass out of town to Athens, Ga to Unver of Ga. Plus us know it alls knew that the UT was in the process of aquiring Chatta State. Put my ex wife thru there to gradu ate in 1983.
Yes, 2nd and 3rd opionions are nothing wrong with it. Beez careful,,,,,may learn sumtin in the process.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I think most of us struggled in the beginning.
I was pushing 18 psi of boost ( 1800 mg/aircharge) and could only muster 10.1's. . I keep chipping away at it all the time .
Don't beat yourself up . This tuning stuff is quite complex. . I'm still learning every day .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Im so angry right now, almost to the point of taking a bat to the windshield. I could have been learning since April but I thought the tuner was angry at me or didn’t trust me and locked the tune. Just did a read and slowly startes to think that drinking now might be an option. So angry and feel like an idiot.
Drinking is always an option!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Calm down!! Have a beer or two ir tree. This is supposed to be fun, keep it fun, don’t let 2 tenths of a second ruin the fun, you’ll get there. I’ve been chasing 9.9xx for 2 years with a M6, got there one time with a 9.998 run snd that was all because of track prep otherwise I was 10.5 all day. I’ve spent a fortune for a half a second, we all must be NUTS lol. Don’t give up, step back, let it go for a while, it’ll bring you back. You got the power to get there already, To me it sounds like you need to look into your suspension area now and that’ll take you where you want to be. Your almost there!! Don’t give up now.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I’ve been not having a fun time with the car as of late and was thinking of selling. I was on this unholy quest to be a 9s car. Watched many cars here do it with ease, but yet I have to struggle bus through it. When is enough? I think after realizing that with the amount of time, energy and money thrown at the car and for it to still not be in the 9s its time to get out.

For those that sold what was the breaking point? Im pretty sure I’m at my limit. Thinking 45k stock and 60k with mods. Verified 10.0x index car 🤣
It's time to get out when you no longer want a fun performance car and you are looking for having a car to just get you from point A to B. Maybe take up gardening and join a book club:)

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
I quit racing when it wasn't fun anymore. Just my 2 cents.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I quit racing when it wasn't fun anymore and sex as well😁. Just my 2 cents.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I quit racing a while ago. I use the Hellcat to get the heart pumping fast on the way to the golf course. Works better than Red Bull.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
This is one of the easiest platforms to run 9’s with. Especially an auto.

Something is up here… you need to analyze and solve it. Start by dropping the tuner and get someone else. That’s easy.

and stop getting so frustrated, your car could be all busted up breaking parts, pissing oil. And a total mess. Sounds like the car is healthy. So be happy about that.

get another tuner and evaluate from there.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Also keep in mind that the performance of these cars is just stupid fast right out of the box. You've got a damn fast car even as it is. Hell I remember when 13.5 was fast.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I’ve been not having a fun time with the car as of late and was thinking of selling. I was on this unholy quest to be a 9s car. Watched many cars here do it with ease, but yet I have to struggle bus through it. When is enough? I think after realizing that with the amount of time, energy and money thrown at the car and for it to still not be in the 9s its time to get out.

For those that sold what was the breaking point? Im pretty sure I’m at my limit. Thinking 45k stock and 60k with mods. Verified 10.0x index car 🤣
Unless you can find a buyer who likes all of your mods you will never get 60k. If you sell it to a dealer any mods will drop the value significantly. Good luck.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Bingo my man. That is the kicker. Unless you want to dismantle all your work and sell out right,,, the dealer shit's want give you squat fer it. He will actually charge you fer it to bring it back to stock. That is why you never get rid of your stock parts. And rule #2, don't ever give them away. Just because you think some one is being nice and will take them off your hands. Oooops nope. You may need those 1 day. Any one want to purchase a stock, factory, white top for a 1996 corvette?? I have a garage full stock parts cause the peoples whom have purchased these, say vehicles, did not ask for them. How about CAI stock for a 1995 Z28??? Parts for a 2001 vette?? Now I have stock parts for a 2018 H/C that I am not getting rid of. I do have tuning parts for alot of different cars. Stock and high performance programs.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
I didnt see any suspension mods in your mod list. Im chasing 9's as well, but I want to do it in the summer. My best 60' so far is 1.54 since then I went E85 and cant leave in 1st gear anymore.
I have demon killers on all 4 corners with BMR trailing arms and a Per4mance diff brace.
I have a set of AAD upper rear control arms and hope that helps me out.

To answer your question though, if you arent enjoying it, its time to get out of it. BUT, (IMO) make damn sure your no longer enjoying it vs just being frustrated it hasnt come yet.

Before my hellcat I wanted a 10 second daily truck. My ram went 11.015. I wanted a 10 second daily driver car. My scat pack went a best of 11.017. Now I want a 9 second daily, and my car is sitting at 10.194. Thats leaving in 2nd gear, so hopefully with a little more suspension work, I can hook and leave in 1st. I have hope, as one of our tracks has a brand new surface and I went the day the track reopened. I also have a different set of tires to try when my new wheels come in (hoosier DBR)

I hate to see anyone walk away from it, but from your newest post, I hope you can find .1 or better in the tune, and decide to keep the car.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewes
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 HC RedEye Super Stock
FALL weather at a good track with some MS109 in the tank.... has 9s written all over it!

Good Luck, and I feel your pain...I fell down that slippery slope with my 2016 HC Charger, and about
+$9k later.... only went 9 tenths quicker than I did bone stock that first pass with worn out drag radials on
it and less than 600 miles. 10.97 first pass only with a t-tag on it..... best ever was a 10.23 with all your mods.
…..BUT, in all honesty it would have squeaked a 9 that last day of racing... but I was always logging & worrying.
That was on a 80* night with decent humidity, and the log showed "0" knock anywhere on the charts, so if I would
have just added +2* across the board, it would have been a 9. 60 ft was a 1.55 and mph was around 134, I think.

good luck with whatever you decide... it is stressful tryin to be a badAzz...and it comes to others easily....
with my new Super Stock, I am totally concentrating on driving, and waiting for cooler weather...as I am NOT
ready to fall off the wagon and spend $$$$$ like before. again too much stress.